Remote only partly working

JivegirlJivegirl Member Posts: 2
A few days ago the remote on my talk talk youview box stopped working properly.  It’s the older style with the blue youview button that lights up.  It stopped controlling my sound and often I had no sound at all when watching TV of recorded content on the youview box. And had to turn everything off and on repeatedly until sound came back.   My TV also stopped using the AV sound system even though it was set to do so.  I had previously stopped controlling my TV with the youview remote as it used to automatically turn back on after turning it off.  I checked batteries and reset the box  but no change and then tried resetting the remote as suggested by others having issues but no flashing led lights.   after a few attempts the  AV sound system suddenly became available again and worked. But the youview remote now only partially works.  All the numbers down the left hand side no longer light up  1,4,7,   plus the   info button and delete /subtitle button also don’t work.  So I can watch recordings but not delete them!  I’ve tried resetting but as some of the buttons needed no longer work no luck. If I take the batteries out will it eventually reset?  Or do I need to buy a replacement remote? I’m no longer under a  talk talk contract.  

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 662 ✭✭
    If you are still in contract with TalkTalk and pay the monthly £4 for TV, I suggest you post on their forum and request a replacement. They should send you one for free.

I they say you are not eligible for a replacement you can purchase a new one from their store from around £8. All TalkTalk remotes will work with all boxes.

You may find one cheaper on eBay but beware fakes do exist.

I would try brand new batteries first though.

If you have a Smartphone try pointing the camera at the sensor and pushing a few buttons you know work. You should see a light. Now try those you think don't. If they are not working the light will not show. If it does light up, then there may be other issues at play, which various box reset may help.
    Link to the Talktalk forum - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/bd-p/116
    Link for new remote - https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/?category=NewTV - Actually £6.99
  • JivegirlJivegirl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Steve I bit the bullet snd ordered gge new remote snd it’s working 100% even better than the old one which didn’t work if my dining table chairs were slightly in the way!  
    Pleased to hear you are sorted and all working.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭
    Jivegirl said:
    Thanks Steve I bit the bullet snd ordered gge new remote snd it’s working 100% even better than the old one which didn’t work if my dining table chairs were slightly in the way!  
    @Jivegirl

Nice to know that everything is seated properly in the new remote 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris