BBC News HD still in TV Guide

skillerskiller Member Posts: 305 ✭✭
I know BBC News HD ceased some weeks ago, but does anyone know why the channel is still listed on the TV Guide on my BT DTR-T2100  and BT DTR-T1000 boxes (LCN 107) but not on my DTR-T2000 boxes?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭
    @skiller

Because you haven’t retuned them?

YouView boxes are very good at not needing a retune in order to follow channel changes, but they aren’t perfect at it.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Roy, I agree retuning resolves the problem, but my question was more to do with why BT boxes hadn't removed the channel from the Guide, but the non-BT boxes had.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,046 ✭✭
    edited 17 September 2022, 5:07PM
    skiller said:
    I know BBC News HD ceased some weeks ago, but does anyone know why the channel is still listed on the TV Guide on my BT DTR-T2100  and BT DTR-T1000 boxes (LCN 107) but not on my DTR-T2000 boxes?
    It hasn't actually ceased to exist...it's only been removed from freeview/youview terrestrial 
    It's still going strong on any streaming device including youview (I player).
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
    kodikid said:
    It hasn't actually ceased to exist...it's only been removed from freeview/youview. 
    It's still going strong on any streaming device including youview (I player).

I know, but as this is a YouView forum, I thought the context was obvious - ie ceased to exist on YouView.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭
    skiller said:
    Roy, I agree retuning resolves the problem, but my question was more to do with why BT boxes hadn't removed the channel from the Guide, but the non-BT boxes had.
    @skiller

My assumption (always dangerous) was that you had retuned the T2000s. 

So you are saying that these auto-deleted the Freeview channel without a retune, but the BT boxes didn’t?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Roy said:
    So you are saying that these auto-deleted the Freeview channel without a retune, but the BT boxes didn’t?

Correct.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭
    Hi @skiller, have you asked BT?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    Not a BT customer, so no.
    I thought someone at YV Towers might be best suited to answer.