James Brown BBC(4) data oddities

zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭
 I had a brief look at the EPG and Youview search data for  James Brown programming which broadcast on BBC 4  ( HD IP channel 9)  on Fri 21 Oct 9:55pm. The programme has an EPG duration of 1 hour looking at the backwards EPG and pressing i(nfo)  ,using search No programmes are found on demand.  
observations the programme title differs in EPG and the On Demand Player and therefore cannot be found.
If I separately did a general Youview search for James Brown I do find the on demand programme  under the title of BBC Four Sessions which has according to Youview search has a duration of 1 minute. If selected. The IPlayer programme launches , it has a duration of 1 hour.
so a few mismatches and inconsistencies here which you may wish to check to see is a more common issue or a one off problem with BBC data feeds
 Some screenshots attached 

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭
    Cost of living crisis 

Home energy nightmare 

War in the East 

Shambolic government 

Youview James Brown problems 

My god will this living hell never end....
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
  • 🤣
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 902 ✭✭
    edited 27 October 2022, 8:18AM
    Hi @zulu17,
    I think its another Youview menu glitch. Not another one! Normal reception will be restored soon . . .

Still waiting for Youview to link/attach alternative programme times/channels to the search menu when the programme conflict pop-up menu appears. Wouldn't it be great to be able to simply select alternative programe time to record? Other pvrs do it! As you know, with the Youview pvr, you have to do a manual search via the search menu if you get a programme clash. Old gen allowed you access to this feature if I remember correctly. 

Not surprised with this error. My guess: bad programming error or the genre data not correctly updated by broadcasters. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 902 ✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Cost of living crisis 

Home energy nightmare 

War in the East 

Shambolic government 

I think the Youview error is more serious! . . .  B)
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Cost of living crisis 

Home energy nightmare 

War in the East 

Shambolic government 

@kodikid

“Better to light one candle than to stand cursing the darkness”
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭
    As an aside the reason   I looked at the James Brown data was due to a poster  on the BT community  reporting issues  when recording  the program and the subsequent  scheduled program. As the BBC would presumably  be capable of Accurate Recording  on all its mainstream channels  I thought it strange. No firm indications that the data discrepancies  I posted would have caused the recording  issue but it does raise some concerns  about data being provided.

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭
    edited 28 October 2022, 4:41PM

Roy 
    @kodikid

Maybe Fork handles 
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Roy 
    @kodikid

Maybe Fork handles 
    You will get no Famous Flames from those 😢😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris