BT TV Box Pro Software Update - 4.0.250 / 0.6.152

2»

Comments

• Chips2Chips2 Member Posts: 87
    Is there anyone on here still stuck on software version 4.0.238/6.112 and is a BT TV subscriber?
  • expectingtoflyexpectingtofly Member Posts: 1
    edited 14 December 2022, 8:19PM
    Chips2 said:
    Is there anyone on here still stuck on software version 4.0.238/6.112 and is a BT TV subscriber?
    Yes, mine is stuck on 4.0.238/6.112
    I tried a factory reset to encourage it to update with no luck.
    Chips2 said:
    Yes, mine is stuck on 4.0.238 
    I tried a factory reset to encourage it to update with no luck.
    Ah ok. Thought it might be just the grey market boxes.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 December 2022, 10:09PM
    @Chips2

YouView boxes will update on the appointed day they get the update released to them, bearing in mind that this is phased, no matter which ISP they are connected to at that time.

And if they haven’t updated by the time the rollout is reported by YouView as complete, then something has gone wrong which is not connected to how the box is currently connected, and should be reported to YouView for remedial action.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    I hope they’re reading this thread, and the other threads where I’ve reported issues. 🙏. 

I’ve only got so much patience with my Pro box now. I’ll give it another month or so and if no updates are received/issues fixed then I’ll be writing this box off as a risk that didn’t pay off. And move on to a Humax - which in itself doesn’t look perfect but what PVR is.
  • rbz5416rbz5416 Member Posts: 14
    I'm with you & would have no hesitation in going back to me trusty Humax HDR-Fox T2 with custom firmware.
    On the plus side, these still seem to be fetching good money on Ebay.

How do you report an issue to Youview when they provide no contact details & are conspicuous by the their absence in these threads?

edited 15 December 2022, 11:01AM
    I'd have to buy a humax. Probably the Aura - at least it's been available for a year or so, has received numerous software updates and I can at least test drive it for a few weeks and if it's no good return it.  

I think the only way to report issues to Youview is this very forum in these very threads.  Alternatively if you are a BT TV subscriber report the issues to BT but by all accounts they're pretty rubbish.
    You appear to be an insider, can you shed any light on why some boxes appear to be stuck on 0.6.112 & skipped 0.6.124 & 0.6.152 altogether?

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked and the rollouts for 124 and 152 went to some users but were paused in lieu of 242 which will now rollout to everyone.
    The purpose of rolling releases out gradually is to test and get data back on how they perform, and then they'll either go out to everyone, or changes will be made and a new version will roll out instead.
    242 has now gone out to a percentage of users a few days ago, but because it's approaching Christmas, I'm told the current plan is for the rollout to continue/complete in the first full week of the new year.
    Oh and to answer a previous question, all updates are standalone, you don't have to apply them sequentially or anything like that, it will all happen in one go when the rollout is resumed.
    Thanks very much for you input. :)

Can you please advise if the update cycle has restarted after the Christmas pause, when is the latest we should receive it & what we can do if we don't?

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last I checked, everyone who hasn't got it will get it next week, but there is still a double-check point before then (once everyone is back from holidays) where the data will be reviewed.
    My box finally updated overnight & is now running 6.242.
    Thanks again to @Stephen for contributing. :)
    Yes mine too, yesterday.  On initial home testing it looks like the stutter on live broadcasts has gone but too early to say for sure - I watched one live TV channel last night for 90 mins and no stuttering. And this morning my box wouldn't come out of standby even though it has its power saving mode to 'always on'.  I'll see how it goes over the coming week or so and report in the other thread for the 6.242 release.  The HDMI issues on first impression don't look to be fixed - as in, reverting to 60hz, but I can live with that as it normally only happens after a software update or if the box goes into low power standby (which can be avoided with always on setting).