Youview box is on for a couple of minutes then goes black

Recently switched broadband from BT to Plusnet a week/10 days later I am having issues. The Youview box is on for a couple of minutes then goes black, I then have to turn it off and on to restart. Now all I see is the Humax (ver A&.76) screen. I have reset to factory setting, when I can get it working for few minutes but still no joy. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 924 ✭✭
    Hi @YouviewJohn,

Welcome to Youview forum. I'm another user, just seen your query. 
    Firstly I would try a soft reset: press the power button for 8-10 seconds & let the box reboot. 
    If still a problem then have a good read through this link:
    Using Maintenance Mode - YouView Support

Select your model & very carefully follow instructions. Option 2 is the popular choice to reset box without deleting any recordings. BUT make sure that your broadboand connection is working correctly FIRST before doing the reset. Go into the settings & check that broadband is connected first. Simply because when you do procedure box needs to connect to Youview server. See how you get on & do let forum know progress/if you need more help. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Recently switched broadband from BT to Plusnet a week/10 days later I am having issues. The Youview box is on for a couple of minutes then goes black, I then have to turn it off and on to restart. Now all I see is the Humax (ver A&.76) screen. I have reset to factory setting, when I can get it working for few minutes but still no joy. Any help much appreciated.
    Which model of Youview box is playing up?
  • YouviewJohnYouviewJohn Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the comments - It is a Humax DTRT1000 (had it quite a few years now but up until this issue worked perfectly) I have tried the usual hold for 8-10 seconds to reset and have restored to factory settings. also changed the ethernet and HDMI cables. Thank you
    Hi @YouviewJohn,
    Sadly this is a very old model, no longer supported by updates & not worth repairing if it can't be fixed as per instructions. Worth considering BT2100 & 4000 models now used/refurb. Many excellent deals out there online. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • I think you're right, new box sounds like the right plan - where's best to buy? Amazon/Ebay?
    Hi @YouviewJohn,
    My best advice is to look at the Seller's past feedback. Ideally you want to purchase items from a company that specializes in selling loads of the same items each day with hopefully a warranty of some sort. Most decent private sellers are honest (inc myself on ebay!), but yes it's worth checking feedback, plus take a moment to look at how much time they take in providing enough details, good quality photos of actual item (not stock photos!) and ask questions if you need help. Most sellers will reply. Be wary of sellers "throwing things out"/no idea of item's background etc. I think Ebay is better in some ways, but depends what is on sale at the current moment. Hopefully I have given you some sound advice? John L