Talk Talk Interface on Youview

LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
This morning my box was automatically in maintenance mode, and recommended a software update. I obliged, and it rebooted without Talk Talk logo at the top, and in the blue background, rather than the black background that I have become accustomed to.
Talk Talk continue to be my broadband supplier, so I assume this means that Talk Talk have officially pulled the plug on youview.  I read on this site that YouView will be supported until at least 2024.
Has anyone else had this happen to their youview box as a Talk Talk user today?
Does anyone know if this means that Youview may well be not supported in any format after 2024?

Comments

• LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Scrub that. It's just updated again and good back to talk talk black background and logo. Clearly my box was just having a funny turn...
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 717 ✭✭
    For info, the new TalkTalk streaming box utilises YouView interface, so they have not abandoned it.

As you have found, it sometimes takes a few minutes to update the skin on maintenance resets.
  • LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Interested to hear they are utilising youview on their latest offering. Maybe there's still a few years left of the platform yet!