No feedback to show if Tuning is working or not

RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
I just tried a retune in connection with the Heart issue (Settings/TV Channels/Retune channels) on my up-to-date T4000, and it showed this:-
for just under three minutes, with no indication of any progress, or if it had got stuck, or what, until it finally said ‘Finishing Up’ and concluded correctly after another 20 seconds.

This is very bad UI design, if it is deliberate; the display used to be famously uninformative, but this takes the biscuit.

(I have a vague recollection this has been reported before, but if so, I can’t find that posting).
‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris

Comments

• AlexAlex Administrator Posts: 27 admin
    Hi @Roy - this has been reported and is currently being looked in to.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
    Alex said:
    Hi @Roy - this has been reported and is currently being looked in to.
    Thanks @Alex

No doubt you will also be investigating how it slipped through your automated regression testing 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • botusbotus Member Posts: 8
    yes its missing alongside the picture quality of all programmes having dropped off a cliff till the box isn't worth using....

1080p is now worse than 1080i on the TV's own tuner - it used to be substantially better - more clarity, more dentition, massive leap better now massive leap worse