Plusnet Predicted to Remove BT Sport Add-on

jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭
"Credible sources have informed ISPreview.co.uk that customers of UK broadband ISP Plusnet (part of the BT Group) may soon lose the ability to directly add BT Sport TV to their service (this currently costs from an extra £17.15 a month), with the feature allegedly due to then be closed by June 2023."

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/01/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-predicted-to-remove-bt-sport-add-on.html

Comments

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    It seems that BT are running Plusnet down.
    First to go was BT TV. Then Business products. Now probably BT Sport.
    My Plusnet contract came up for renewal. When I called them to ask for a better deal, I enquired about full-fibre. I was informed that if I got full-fibre with Plusnet I would lose my landline, which I expected. I asked about their VoIP service and they told me that they haven't got one. They recommended that I should use Sipgate.
    When the PSTN network is switched off in 2025, all that Plusnet will be able to offer is a Broadband service. I wouldn't be surprised if BT closed them down.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 663 ✭✭
    I did look at moving to PlusNet but decided not to bother.
    Winder if BT soon to be rebranded as EE in the coming months want people to go with them and not the cheaper PlusNet that they also own.
    My BT FTTC contract is up in about 4 weeks and im still undecided if to try and get a good deal and stay with BT or move elsewhere.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Darren said:
    I did look at moving to PlusNet but decided not to bother.
    Winder if BT soon to be rebranded as EE in the coming months want people to go with them and not the cheaper PlusNet that they also own.
    My BT FTTC contract is up in about 4 weeks and im still undecided if to try and get a good deal and stay with BT or move elsewhere.
    Don't dismiss Plusnet. For new customers their 66Mbps broadband is £24 a month.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 663 ✭✭
    edited 20 January 2023, 10:46PM
    @jonesh will also look at Plusnet again to see what they offer.
    I got a few weeks to decide if I want to stay with BT or not. My sister says look at other deals and maybe think about changing broadband providers.
    Also FTTP is coming to my area in the next few months.
    Did look at moving to Vodafone broadband. As my sister moved from BT to them and has had very little problems with them but Sky Broadband is over £1 cheaper than Vodafone for a similar package and comes with wifi boost box.
    Im currently £26.99 a months with BT FTTC up to 65mb speeds. Thats due to go up by £6 in a few weeks as I will be out of contract. Then come April BT will increase its prices. Like some other broadband providers may do.
    Yes I would be paying £4 more going with Sky but would also get the the wifi boost box and complete wifi with BT in just under £40 a month.
    BT have offered stay on same package for £0 a month till April then £2.50 increase due to BT price rises and thats yet another 24 months contract.
    Sky are also now like BT moving to voip for landline calls.