Humax failed to record anything on the schedule

Last night, across multiple channels,  no scheduled recordings made.

This evening, again, none started to record when they should.

Have power-cycled so we shall see.

All suggestions very welcome.

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 928 ✭✭
    Hello @countryman2,
    How full is your hard drive? Is it nearly full up? How old is your box? Maybe hard drive is starting to fail/or needs a complete reset/reformat? Before going any further, first you could try unticking all schedules & redoing them & see if this solves problem. Often the broadcasters have an error in the data. My freesat pvr decided not to record a few programmes recently. So it's not just Youview with the error.

This might not be related to your problem, but often the BBC/ITV schedules have suddenly lost their schedules. Part of problem i.e. BBC Doctors was a new season of the programme, the previous weeks series link had finished & the following week if had not automatically renewed itself. These days we take series link for granted, until it goes wrong. Hopefully given you a few tips. Please let forum know if you need more help/let us know how you get on.
    John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • countryman2countryman2 Member Posts: 52
    Thank you for the suggestions, John.   For the record, last night saw another rash of failed recordings and yet some did record.  Across different channels as well.  I see from another thread that possibly there could be an issue with the Mux..will look closer at specifically which channels/mux combinations fail for any correlation.  That can be checked easily as we have an older Humax.

Drive has 43% free.  Box is a few years old - maybe three.  Hugely reluctant to go down the reset/format route.

Will do your suggestion re schedules.
    I think it might be MUX 3 playing up as all the channels that failed to record are on there.    So....assuming that it is, who do I contact ?   Arqiva ?
    OK...update.   Nothing to do with the Mux....you hit the nail on the head with the schedules.  When I went in to delete the schedule, I noticed that most of the series records had an error flag ..".schedule problem."

Pretty confident that that is it.  
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 928 ✭✭
    @countryman2,
    Sounds like you are having fun! One way to pass the time. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.