Too many recordings

When I am recording 2 programs I cannot view other live programs other than chanel 101 bbc hd??

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 February 2023, 11:52AM
    MaxBailey said:
    When I am recording 2 programs I cannot view other live programs other than chanel 101 bbc hd??
    This all depends on the Muxes (groups of channels) in use for the two recordings. Here are some details of which channels are in which mux:-

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes

When you are recording two channels, you can watch any other channel that is on the same mux as either of the channels you are recording, but you cannot watch a channel that is on any other mux.

If both the channels you are recording are on the same mux, you can only watch any other channel on that single mux.

[Edit: @skiller correctly reports that this is wrong, and should say:-
    If both the channels you are recording are on the same mux, you can watch any other channel you like, on the same or any other mux.]

In a situation in which you think you can only watch BBC1 HD, I would expect you to be able to watch any other channel on PSB3 in the above link that you can get when you are not recording, e.g. BBC2 HD, ITV1 HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5 HD, and possibly others.

What two channels were you recording when you observed the above?

Depending on what they were, and which mux or muxes they were on, there would be other channels you could have chosen, which I could list based on your answer.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Roy said:
    If both the channels you are recording are on the same mux, you can only watch any other channel on that single mux.

Hmmm... I'm currently recording BBC1HD and BBC2HD which are both on the same mux, but I can still watch ANY other channel live.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 February 2023, 11:54AM
    skiller said:
    Roy said:

Hmmm... I'm currently recording BBC1HD and BBC2HD which are both on the same mux, but I can still watch ANY other channel live.
    @skiller @meyou2

Interesting… I have now tried this and can see it is the case, implying that a YouView tuner is a rather more slippery thing than I thought. 

So more of a mux grabber, and if both channels I am recording and the one channel I am watching are all on the same mux, then despite me having three channels on the go, the second tuner/mux grabber never needs to come into play at all?

I wonder if this undermines any of the assumptions about tuner behaviour in https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607116/failed-to-record-ch4-e4-film4/p1 ?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • MaxBaileyMaxBailey Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Guys
    I am not sure which of the recordings but I will get back to you the next time it happens.