Missing Confirm Delete Function and Work around

LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 78
edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM in Archived Posts
the recent update has made it rather easy to accidently delete recordings when trying to choose a start position. The update which gives the 'ability to select a start point when
playing a recording' means if you are using the numbers to specify start and accidently press DEL then it's deleted straight away.
I'd personally find the choosing a start position far more useful during playback anyway, and this would mean i'd only ever accidently hit the subtitle key!

Comments

• ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Member Posts: 279
    edited 13 November 2013, 10:01AM
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that scenario!

Well spotted Lebowski, hopefully they an re-introduce the warning message ASAP!
  • Jesse1Jesse1 Member Posts: 275
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Hi Lebowski. Just letting you know that we’ve changed the category of this thread from a problem to an idea to make it easier for people to find. Please let us know if you think we’ve misunderstood the purpose of your post.
  • LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 78
    edited 4 October 2014, 5:41PM
    hi Jesse
    Yes of course - that's fine. It's not a problem that stops the box working, but I expect it'd be a good idea to address it as accidentally deleting recordings will no doubt frustrate many users.
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 31 October 2012, 3:03PM
    Use the |<< to jump to the very start of the recording
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    Jesse1 said:

Hi Lebowski. Just letting you know that we’ve changed the category of this thread from a problem to an idea to make it easier for people to find. Please let us know if you think we’ve misunderstood the purpose of your post.

I'm not quite sure how this topic really reads as an idea from its subject line? If the idea is "choosing a start position during playback by entering the relevant minute from the number pad" then perhaps it would be better merged into the topic

http://community.youview.com/youview/...

which already has mention of bringing this resume slider feature to the playback as well as the recordings list?
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 1 November 2012, 10:29AM
    Here is a workaround I have just found: If you flag the recording as locked (using the Yellow button) you get a confirmation if you try to delete it.
  • iSPYiSPY Member Posts: 166
    edited 20 November 2012, 5:29PM
    Good workaround Gomez
  • TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
    edited 1 November 2012, 10:24AM
    Well done Gomez, a workaround until this can be righted by the YouView folks! I shall go lock all of my recordings from now on..
  • ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Member Posts: 279
    edited 13 November 2013, 10:01AM
    Yes well spotted Gomez, cheers for that!

Now we all have to remember to do this every day, until a fix arrives!
  • Mr A MarlowMr A Marlow Member Posts: 11
    edited 10 December 2012, 12:16AM
    I predict that one day you will ask to delete a recording, it will say "Are you sure?" (because you locked it) and you will say "Yes' and very shortly after realise that you meant "no".
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 10 December 2012, 12:36AM
    That day was one day last week when I deleted something from my Foxsat HDR which I didn't mean to instead of something I did mean to.

I suggested that our mainframe systems at work should have Yes / No questions that the operators did not answer Y or N to but used different random letters each time. But even that would not have been operator proof.