ITV Player is Just Pants

redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭
edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM in Archived Posts
I know this isn't technically within YouView control. But as ITV are a major partner in the project, somebody ought to tell them that they are really letting the side down. That is all.

Comments

• edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Not really a lot of information for YouView to pass on.

If you have some specific details you can pass them on to ITV directly: http://www.youview.com/support/kb/use...
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Do you ever use it? Does it work OK for you? Any tips on how I might prevent the regular freezes-crashes-buffering on my 55 meg fibre connection, where all other services generally work without issue?
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    I don't watch a lot of ITV because I'm not interested in being treated like a celebrity obsessed chav.

However on the few occasions I've used the ITV Player to one of the excellent dramas the network used to make in the 60s, 70s and 80s, it worked fine without buffering or crashing.
    I was trying to watch CHEERS on ITV4 via the player and basically couldn't.

Which programmes have you tried, so I can see how they perform for me?
    Come on Martin, I know you're out there, let me know what you've watched so I can try, please?
  • Keith StarsmeareKeith Starsmeare Member Posts: 22
    edited 2 January 2013, 9:11PM
    I wanted to catch up on The Vampire Diaries... but it's not even there.
  • Andrew Peter MarlowAndrew Peter Marlow Member Posts: 16
    edited 6 January 2013, 1:24PM
    The ITV player really is the worst of a poor bunch.
  • Robert Hellier1Robert Hellier1 Member Posts: 4
    edited 1 January 2014, 6:09PM
    I have problems with ITV player it plays the logo and advert then forever loading logo on right hand of the tv screen... it loading so long i gave up... BBc and CH4 and 5 and Dave players are fine no problem.. just ITV.......no working at all. have updated the on demand and box software.... have Talk talk box.