HDMI Still not working after January update

prestonpreston Member Posts: 2
edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM in Archived Posts
Hi, I've got the Humax box with BT and even after the January update I still cannot get it to work with my TV (Foehn & Hirsch 37" FH-37LMH) whatever settings or cable I use, I either get nothing at all or sometimes a pinkish/purple screen with the menus on but nothing else, every other HDMI product that I plug in to the TV works 100% OK, any Ideas when this is likely to be fixed ?

Comments

• John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 26 January 2013, 6:00PM
    I have reported this and spotted someone else had as well. After reporting it twice a Youview person responding saying no one else had reported the problem. They said it would be discussed with Humax. It happened after the last SW update, when the choice was given to select HDMI mode. I happen to have a TalkTalk box, also just updated but without the HDMI mode choice and that works OK. The problem is as Yoiview/Humax do not acknowledge there is a problem they will not do anything about it. I am having to use a SCART connection and feel sorry for those who have actually paid money for these problems!
    edited 27 January 2013, 8:48AM
    I see yet more comments related to this problem. Time for Youview/Humax to recognise there is a problem?
  • prestonpreston Member Posts: 2
    edited 30 January 2013, 1:42PM
    Hi John, Did you say there isn't an issue with the Huawei (Talk Talk) Boxes?
    if so sounds like BT should use these boxes also
    edited 30 January 2013, 6:48PM
    Yes, the TalkTalk box works OK but it does not have the new software to give you the option to control the HDMI format. It seems that bit of software is Humax and I cant even get an acknowledgement that anything is being done to address the problem.
  • Ross O'BrienRoss O'Brien Member Posts: 2
    edited 15 May 2013, 12:05PM
    I have the same problem - will it work with a scart? this is a bit of a joke
  • Tom McKinlayTom McKinlay Member Posts: 1
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    My humax will only work using a scart cable
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM

Hi Tom, what model of YouView box do you have and what is the make/ model of TV?
  • Nigel MercierNigel Mercier Member Posts: 47
    edited 29 October 2014, 1:14PM

The HDMI output on mine is intermittent.

[Sorry, no edit button] see here http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    My box did an update yesterday, and so far of good...

See link above to my thread about the problem.
  • mark devanneymark devanney Member Posts: 10
    edited 7 November 2013, 2:30PM
    i have the same issue with a technika TV- tried 2 different you view/humax box with similar symptoms- tried everything. Youview !!! is anyone talking to humax about as the more boxes you sell the more people are going to complain about it. isn't customer service important especially with the BT/SKY ongoing battle. i know many people interested in moving away from sky for many reasons and the youview when it works gets great reviews so please sort out these issues or at least feedback any progress being made with humax to resolve. its obviously a problem with hdmi negotiating with the humax boxes with a variety of different vendors....