Automatic software update January 2013

14567810»

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    There's a very short window between an update becoming available, and the box doing it for itself. <24 hours, certainly. But for the truly impatient (like me), anxious to run lemming-like into the next BFIS, this seems to offer some relief.....
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 29 January 2013, 8:50PM
    BoD said:

They really need to stop telling people to try and update manually when they know they can't and it's obvious there is some sort of rollout by box
    egion.

Who they?
  • AxolotlAxolotl Member Posts: 53
    edited 30 January 2013, 11:32AM
    Finally got the update last night from BT on the Humax box they installed last week as a replacement for my dead one.
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 11 July 2017, 4:57PM
    I wish they would say exactly what was in the release and when they are going to sort the problems it has introduced. In my case this seems to be no change in how high ECO mode behaves and the introduction of HDMI connection problems with some televisions. I have noticed several comments about HDMI problems so it is not confined to a few people. With BT giving the Humax out more people will have problems. I wish they would answer my complaints with a statement as to what is being done.
  • Colin NowellColin Nowell Member Posts: 126
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:53AM
    John Webb said:

I wish they would say exactly what was in the release and when they are going to sort the problems it has introduced. In my case this seems to be no change in how high ECO mode behaves and the introduction of HDMI connection problems with some televisions. I have noticed several comments about HDMI problems so it is not confined to a few people. With BT giving the Humax out more people will have problems. I wish they would answer my complaints with a statement as to what is being done.

You say "In my case this seems to be no change in how high ECO mode behaves"? Just exactly what "change" were you expecting? Not sure I'm understanding you correctly...
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 30 January 2013, 9:22PM
    John Webb said:

Make it work reliably without it locking up! That is the reason Youview recommended using low ECO mode a while back after an update introduced problems.
  • Colin NowellColin Nowell Member Posts: 126
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:53AM
    John Webb said:

Ah right! I wasn't aware of that specifically as I haven't had a problem with mine from the get-go. I have tried high ECO mode a couple of times but since the box takes way too long to start up when it's set that way, mine's been on low ECO most of the time anyway...
    edited 1 February 2013, 5:56PM
    John Webb said:

I think they should take "High-ECO" mode off the option menu completely until they're sure they've found the problem and fixed it. My Humax box has also refused to start from high-ECO mode since the latest 9.5.0 update. I guess I'll just leave it in low-ECO mode and fork out the extra £20 a year on the electricity bill.
  • bramblebramble Member Posts: 118
    edited 1 February 2013, 6:07PM
    John Webb said:

Strange. I had the long boot / reboot problem with High Eco mode with my Humax box, but, since the latest January release, the problem has gone away completely. I wasn't aware that the fix hadn't worked for everyone.

I totally agree that a release content should be published. Youview would then get useful feedback about the success or otherwise of their fixes and users would know whether they had to continue with temporary circumventions.
    edited 1 February 2013, 6:19PM
    John Webb said:

Re-reading my comment, I should clarify:- my box will mostly start o.k. from High-ECO mode now (since the update), but on one occasion, it turned the light blue, then did nothing for an hour, until I pressed the remote "on" button again, whereupon it started normally. That one failure means to me that I can't trust it any further than I'd throw it. For info. when it works it takes 1 minute 29s from pressing "on" on the remote to the point where it triggers the TV to switch on via HDMI then the YouView TV picture appears between 1 minute 46s and 1 minute 50s.
  • John Shepherd1John Shepherd1 Member Posts: 2
    edited 2 February 2013, 1:38PM
    My Humax Youview box locked up saying "nearly ready" after being left on standby for a couple of weeks. Switching off and on again didn't help, but I found the instructions for starting it up in Maintenance Mode, and tried the first option "Software Reset (recommended)" even though it isn't mentioned in the instructions, before trying anything more drastic... That worked for me, and it seems to be OK now. Worth trying !
  • NickNick Member Posts: 594
    edited 9 March 2015, 7:43AM
    Updated my just bought Humax YouView box from the factory settings to this software and it locked out on "Restarting" after 100% download was shown. Waited 15 mins and eventually did a soft reset by pressing the circle button 8 seconds which did the trick... not very user friendly and would confuse the hell out of my dad if he had one of these.