software update feb 2013

D P ND P N Member Posts: 30
edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM in Archived Posts
My box showing a software update this morning 08/02/13. Anyone else had this?

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    It's misleading, it shows the current date because it auto-checks every day. What version number is actually showing.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 1:01PM
    Not true - last updated gives the day the update was installed.

My box shows that it was updated on 08/01/13
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited 25 January 2017, 1:56PM
    just got it
    just checked 9.2.5/1.2.6 was the january update (which i already had) but my box said it was updating to day 08/02/2013 and it restarted my box
    >> Not true - last updated gives the day the update was installed. <<

Well, it's true on my box, the date changes daily. Do you have your box on 24/7?
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Member Posts: 772
    Is this on a TalkTalk Huawei box? My BT Humax is showing 9.5.0 and 1.2.6, which was the Jan update
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM

Is this on a TalkTalk Huawei box? My BT Humax is showing 9.5.0 and 1.2.6, which was the Jan update

Which poster are you asking this of? OP hasn't said what SW version he is on!
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2016, 11:55AM
    redchiz said:

>> Not true - last updated gives the day the update was installed. <<

Well, it's true on my box, the date changes daily. Do you have your box on 24/7?

Depends if you are looking at SYSTEM INFORMATION or DEVICE MANEGEMENT. System information says "last updated" and doesn't change daily, but Device management says "last checked" and this does change each day on my Humax box
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    edited 8 February 2013, 5:04PM

Johnnyshank !! Stupid forum software
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM

LOL agreed!!
    i'm sorry if you don't like the truth, i checked my software update this morning, and it said restarting your box which normaly indicates that it is updating and yes i already had the january update.
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 8 February 2013, 6:08PM
    My Humax box said it update today, not checked, updated.
    >> i'm sorry if you don't like the truth, i checked my software update this morning, and it said restarting your box which normaly indicates that it is updating and yes i already had the january update. <<

"Don't like the truth." That's a bit combative isn't it? No need. So calm down mate, you're wrong. And totally distracting from OP's query.

If your box restarted when you switched it on, I suggest you take that up as a problem of your own.

@John Webb - yep, cheers, that's what they do.
    edited 17 November 2013, 7:05PM
    My box that failed last week started with a strange update. It restarted and came back on with no manufacturer software version. A subsequent reboot and it had the boot failed, missing signature message.
    Geraint,

And thus another problem, unrelated to OP's question?

Which in my humble view has been answered, but astonishingly hijacked by the werewolves of YouView!

edited 8 February 2013, 7:25PM
    redchiz said:

Geraint,

And thus another problem, unrelated to OP's question?

Which in my humble view has been answered, but astonishingly hijacked by the werewolves of YouView!

Just mentioning what a phantom update did to my box. Sorry if it bothers you redchiz.

As Anaglypta said two hours ago, you were incorrect. The last updated date does not change every day, strangely enough it changes when it actually had an update. The items that change every day are in the "Device Management" section, where it says "Last Checked" rather than "Last Updated"
    Doesn't bother me in the least, just puzzled why you chose this topic to raise the issue.

And I wasn't incorrect, do you want me to post screenshots? Or would you prefer to do it? What a yawn that would be for some random, sad forum posters - me included - to descend to that level.

Oh, and my dad is bigger than your dad.

edited 8 February 2013, 7:57PM
    redchiz said:

Doesn't bother me in the least, just puzzled why you chose this topic to raise the issue.

And I wasn't incorrect, do you want me to post screenshots? Or would you prefer to do it? What a yawn that would be for some random, sad forum posters - me included - to descend to that level.

I'm sure he is
  • David DrizenDavid Drizen Member Posts: 183
    edited 8 February 2013, 9:19PM
    redchiz said:

If you are got a box that changes every day your box must have a very old version software as this changed after the october 2012 update to "last cheked" the " software last updated on" only changes when we get a new version of software in my case this was 8 jan
  • D P ND P N Member Posts: 30
    edited 9 February 2013, 7:05AM
    Just to clarify, my retail humax was up to date showing the last update installed on 08/01/13. Yesterday system information page showing last update installed on 08/02/13 .