On Demand performance with BT Infinity

BawmerBawmer Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Just got Youview and so far fairly pleased with it. I have BT infinity broadband which is delivering a fairly consistent 35Mbits plus download. The hub is in another room so I have tried two connection methods; an Airport Express acting as a WIFi bridge and the supplied Powerlines. In neither case can I view HD trailers without breakup or buffering and sometimes crashing out. I do not get this problem with my Bravia smart TV connected in a similar manner.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• BawmerBawmer Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited 6 July 2013, 3:55PM
    A factory reset, as usual, solved the problem,
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    A bit brutal, though effective, but a pain once you have recordings to lose.

Touching the blue ring for just >8 seconds will perform a soft reset, and is worth trying first.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2016, 11:55AM
    Roy1 said:

Touching the blue ring for just >8 seconds will perform a soft reset, and is worth trying first.

Welcome home Roy - did you see the light?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    Roy1 said:

:-) still in the Arctic Circle - free wifi on the boat, so I thought I'd see how you were all getting on. But yes, saw the lights both yesterday and the day before, and looking forward to an even better display tonight.

Now, if only YouView would 'see the light', and make the 8-second restart something only the old hands need reminisce about :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 10 February 2013, 3:09PM
    There is the Full Maintenance Recovery mode where you can do a software reload whilst keeping your recordings. Everything else is lost. I have just used that to see if it fixed an HDMI problem I have, achieved nothing so Humax are exchanging the box.