Latest SW messed up HDMI output

2»

Comments

• gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 8 February 2013, 11:46PM
    redchiz said:

Well, from what you have said there, it looks like it may just be that your Humax box has developed a fault.

Actually differences in hardware component tolerances could interfere with critical timing that the software relies on.
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 9 February 2013, 12:37PM
    redchiz said:

Well, from what you have said there, it looks like it may just be that your Humax box has developed a fault.

Software written to be dependent on critical timings is defective.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    redchiz said:

That will come as something of a surprise to those in the broadcast industry....
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 9 February 2013, 1:38PM
    redchiz said:

Have you tried a full factory reset?

Yes, he has stated that above, though it is likely in one of the hidden comments.
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 9 February 2013, 1:40PM
    redchiz said:

It is more likely the software has become corrupt, or that it has got itself into a bad state, hence I expect to be back here again in a few months with the same problems once whatever gets the software into a bad state recurs.
    edited 9 February 2013, 3:51PM
    redchiz said:

I did a complete software reload, one of the reset options is reload software and restart whilst keeping recordings.
    edited 23 February 2013, 4:17PM
    I now have a new shiny box from Humax, they were extremely helpful. This box is working OK and seems to work OK from High ECO startup as well. I am still convinced my problems started with a software update but this probably happened due to timing issues with HDMI on the original trial hardware? HDMI now works, It seems (I hope) to be starting up from high ECO and I am watching Iplayer to see if it hangs.
    edited 25 February 2013, 11:37AM
    Iplayer still hangs!
  • Nigel MercierNigel Mercier Member Posts: 47
    edited 29 October 2014, 1:14PM

I have the same problem. Looks like I should ask for a replacement.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/humax_youview_hdmi_output_is_often_magenta_or_blank

• Adrian4Adrian4 Member Posts: 6
    edited 15 January 2014, 10:29AM

I have the same problem. Looks like I should ask for a replacement.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/humax_youview_hdmi_output_is_often_magenta_or_blank

Me too...