Getting 'YVM104' error message when trying to access On Demand players

Comments

• Fred HedditchFred Hedditch Member Posts: 1
    edited 14 December 2012, 3:10PM
    I had lost the On Demand service about 4 days ago. Finally checked the network settings manually and found that the secondry DNS IP was empty. Entered 8.8.4.4. as suggested elswhere and internet connection and On Demand restored straight away.I left all the other addresses as they were. Don't know how long it will last but might be worth a try.
  • James MolloyJames Molloy Member Posts: 21
    edited 16 December 2012, 10:43AM
    None of the above is working for me at all. It looks like a call to BT is in order - something I wanted to avoid! :-s
  • Paul LangdonPaul Langdon Member Posts: 3
    edited 18 December 2012, 10:58AM
    Update from me. Engineer arrived and after confirming all was well with my Broadband duly fitted new box. All working fine now - sorry for delay in posting: this was due to Broadband outtage from Thursday last week to yesterday!
    I really do not anything to offer anyone except that BT (Second Line support) have stated my box was faulty.
    Why can't we port material from one box to another so that when something like this happens you do not lose everything. If it is Digital Rights Managment thing it should still be possible in these circumstances..............................
    Kind Regards,
    Paul
  • PioPio Member Posts: 10
    edited 25 January 2013, 1:43PM
    Frank1 said:

It a terrible service with youview support ignoring it.

Im with you on that one!
  • ScarfyScarfy Member Posts: 6
    edited 31 January 2013, 5:51PM
    I have only just started using a youview box, on Monday of this week to be precise and I have had this issue at least once a day already, in addition I have had it happen part way through viewing an on demand programme therefore it is not just the older boxes, the brand new ones have the same issue
  • TanjaTanja Member Posts: 251
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:34AM
    Hi Neil, have a look at this FAQ, if you have a Humax box, it might be able to help
    http://www.youview.com/support/kb/res...
    edited 1 February 2013, 11:42AM
    Yep tried all of this numerous times, the only thing that works is going into settings and then network/internet and resetting the connection even though it is showing connected, I do not however want to have to keep doing this nor should I have to.
    Hi Scarfy, did you get your YouView box through BT?
  • Stuart ForrestStuart Forrest Member Posts: 4
    I got mine through BT and it has this problem.
    No I purchased it from Amazon its not part of a contract
  • Patricia MurphyPatricia Murphy Member Posts: 9
    edited 21 December 2015, 10:58AM
    I have had my Humax box since the beginning of the trial and, apart from some teething problems, it has worked ok. Yesterday I had no information on the EPG guide and when I press the info. button nothing appears. I thought this might rectify itself overnight but it is the same today. Today the on demand isn't working and I'm getting the YVM104 error message.

I have done the usual turning the box off at the back etc, All the information says I'm connected to the internet and have the latest software. Any ideas please as I can't find anything to help me in search, regards, Pat
  • Patricia MurphyPatricia Murphy Member Posts: 9
    edited 21 December 2015, 10:58AM

I have had my Humax box since the beginning of the trial and, apart from some teething problems, it has worked ok. Yesterday I had no information on the EPG guide and when I press the info. button nothing appears. I thought this might rectify itself overnight but it is the same today. Today the on demand isn't working and I'm getting the YVM104 error message.

I have done the usual turning the box off at the back etc, All the information says I'm connected to the internet and have the latest software. Any ideas please as I can't find anything to help me in search, regards, Pat

After reading through some posts I have reset the internet connection and everything is working again. The information given in Settings is misleading as it said I was connected to the internet when I obviously wasn't. At least I'll know where to look if this happens again, Pat
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Member Posts: 38
    edited 4 February 2013, 10:04PM
    I have the same problem. Retail purchased Humax box.

Humax box is working fine for live TV and recording, but no On Demand players come up. Just a loading screen.

Have done reset of all things broadband, router, changed Ethernet cable etc. All broadband connections working fine for everything else.

Reset box - no success.

Tried maintenance mode - comes up with Failed Boot Signature error, so can't recover it from maintenance mode.

If you are having a problem. please contact Humax as they will swap out the box.
    Scarfy said:

No I purchased it from Amazon its not part of a contract

Best to give the Viewer Support team a call then and see if they can help further.
    You can find their contact details here
    http://www.youview.com/support/kb/use...

I got mine through BT and it has this problem.

Hi Stuart, in that case i would suggest to contact BT for further help. You can have a look on their forum http://bt.com/community or contact them directly http://www.youview.com/support/kb/use...
  • martinthehackmartinthehack Member Posts: 9
    edited 9 February 2013, 7:35PM
    I am starting to despair of YouView. This new glitch (among numerous others) began about a week ago. After trying all the techy suggestions, and as we were about to bin YV and go back to Freesat and its freetime and buy a box, a reboot of the router got things going and we can now get on demand.

But what a palaver with YV it seems that every time you sort one glitch, another crops up. I got my YV box 'free' through Talktalk, so binning it won't be a hardship. But please YouView, surely these glitches can be sorted..can they?
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 9 February 2013, 7:42PM
    martinthehack, mightn't this have been a glitch with your router, since rebooting the router solved it?
    edited 10 February 2013, 10:11AM
    Router is fine, as I have no problems with broadband or wiffi on the computers. I just tried one of the YV fixit suggestions and it seems to have corrected itself.

But this is hardly the point. YV has so many glitches, and you never know what one will crop up on a day to day basis. It should never have been released to the public.

When it works, it's terrific. But it really is a most frustrating experience and something I never had with five years on Freesat which was almost perfect. I only have YV because it was 'free' with Talktalk.
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 10 February 2013, 11:11AM
    "...should never have been released to the public..."

That seems rather strong. I find YV very useful. It does have some bugs, but what product doesn't? There are also quite a few things reported here, which get attributed to YV but which clearly could be due to other causes, or to interoperability issues.

I think it's the same with most technology. I've found YV and Humax much readier to help resolve problems than some other entities I could mention.

And after all, if you find it so frustrating, since it was free would it not be better to stop using it, or just use it as a secondary device?
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    >> YV has so many glitches, and you never know what one will crop up on a day to day basis. It should never have been released to the public.

Like Aisha I disagree with this sentiment.

My box has been plugged in since July and has presented very few problems, in all that time I may have had to reboot it a total of 3 times to deal with a lock up or freeze.

When I was using the same box with my Virgin Media broadband suffered some slow loading of programme information, but that resolved itself the instant I moved my BB to BT. So I'm happy to assign that issue to the flaky Virgin Media network.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I just don't see or experience the catalogue of errors some people report.
    edited 10 February 2013, 11:56AM
    Got to disagree about Virgin, I had their TV for 11 years and had only about 3 problems in that time, have changed to You View purley on a cost basis, I have been useing the box for 2 weeks and apart from keep dropping the internet connection, which incidently really should be sorted out as it seems to have been a problem since inception, I find it does what it says on the tin
    edited 10 February 2013, 3:26PM
    I have said that when YV is working properly, it is excellent. But along with many people on this forum, I have found the system full of bugs which can be very irritating

YV acknowledge there are a number systemic problems and are working to resolve them.

I am delighted that your viewing experience is virtually trouble free, as I write we are experiencing the same. But I am anticipating the next issue.
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Member Posts: 38
    edited 10 February 2013, 4:49PM

Humax box is working fine for live TV and recording, but no On Demand players come up. Just a loading screen.

Have done reset of all things broadband, router, changed Ethernet cable etc. All broadband connections working fine for everything else.

Reset box - no success.

Tried maintenance mode - comes up with Failed Boot Signature error, so can't recover it from maintenance mode.

If you are having a problem. please contact Humax as they will swap out the box.

I'll have to update you on my experience of the swap out process. It is far from being customer friendly - and still waiting for a replacement 1TB box.

Patience wearing a tad thin as it is the main viewing box in the house.
  • Steve PSteve P Member Posts: 3
    edited 10 February 2013, 5:00PM

Reset box - no success.

I think it took just under a week from phoning Humax to mine (which had the same fault symptoms but was a 500GB one) being replaced. That was in the fortnight preceeding Christmas.
  • Baz2Baz2 Member Posts: 4
    edited 19 November 2013, 11:32AM
    I have the same problem "Boot signature not recognised" and am waiting for the engineer from Bt to come on wednesday. We have had the YV box since mid december and up to now this is the first problem we have had. I contacted BT customer services and they took me through the usual procedures, except when trying to go into Maint mode, I was told to immediately hold Volume Minus after pressing the power on switch. I was actually holding the button down on the remote (Wasn't made clear that I should press Volume Minus control on the box!) and nothing happened. She arranged for an engineer visit. After reading the posts about everyones problems, I'll wait for the visit before trying any changes to IP addresses etc because if I do and it works, knowing BT they might try to charge me for the callout! I will update you
  • Alex BakerAlex Baker Member Posts: 1
    edited 23 February 2013, 9:27PM
    I've had my youview box for a whole 24 hours. It's from talk talk and is the worst pile of trash I have ever had. It worked for about 5 minutes when it was first installed and since then it has been a total pile of ****. I've not been able to do anything with it.

It's going back. Total rubbish.
  • RobboRobbo Member Posts: 6
    edited 25 February 2013, 10:01PM
    My first youview box lasted 2 weeks before going faulty with YVM104 error, the replacement box has lasted 6 weeks and is now the same. The boxes are unreliable and it is not worth taking up the youview service, mine is with BT who will rush round in 2 weeks to sort it out.
  • Keith WigginsKeith Wiggins Member Posts: 3
    edited 6 March 2013, 12:20AM
    Can anyone clarify if Youview are actually working on a software fix for the on demand buffering and YVM104 problems? I have the BT Humax box and I can't get through an on demand programme without constantly cancelling error messages and waiting for buffering. I have tested and deployed all the possible fixes for the network connection - its definitely a problem with the Humax box and its software. This thread has been "acknowledged" - but isn't clear what that really means.
    edited 6 March 2013, 8:38AM
    They tell me that they are working on a fix for the YVM104 issue and a software update should be issued this month
  • Frank1Frank1 Member Posts: 7
    edited 6 March 2013, 8:50AM
    Well I'm Frank who raised it originally.

Still have the problem but they are replacing the box on Thursday.

I would recommend you email them and they will go through a lot questions/tips

If you cannot fix they should do the same swap your box.

YouView Viewer Support [email protected]