Change order of channels

Paul13Paul13 Member Posts: 1
edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM in Archived Posts
Is there a way to change the order of channels or assign to my preferred number?

Comments

• CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 25 February 2013, 10:46PM
    No, not yet. The best you can do is hide channels to cut out some of the flak. This option was the result of a software update so hopefully changing order and renumbering and favourites will arrive sometime also.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    I can't see any prospect of optional renumbering, all TV guides would be rendered useless and the channel providers themselves would be none too pleased. Haven't seen this feature anywhere since the days of analogue Sky received through a dustbin lid nailed to the side of the house.
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 26 February 2013, 12:12AM
    Panasonic have a neat trick where you can swap two channel numbers so that channel 1 is BBC1 HD and 101 is BBC1 etc. It hasn't rendered the EPG useless and the TV guides I use in the Guardian, Observer, Sunday Times, and Guardian online don't use channel numbers, just names.
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 2 September 2014, 10:44PM
    yes renumber will never happen but a favorites feature that allows you to pick out the channels you prefer and the order you desire will be nice and i think is been considered.
  • Colin5Colin5 Member Posts: 85
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    I am with talktalk, they seem to be adding internet-based channels to their service nearly every fortnight at the moment. With in mind. I have noticed today that there is more channels have been made available, which is great. But channels seem to being slotted in a willy-nilly nature. History Channel and CI have been placed between music channels. Which doesn't seem to make any sense. That's why am asking, is a possibility in the future we be able to move the channels around to where we want to have them? With my freeview Television, I can remove channels as well as move them around. It's a bit unusual that YouView hasn't got that facility yet. I hope it is coming. Colin
  • Peskdale61Peskdale61 Member Posts: 91
    edited 2 September 2014, 10:44PM
    Colin5 said:

I am with talktalk, they seem to be adding internet-based channels to their service nearly every fortnight at the moment. With in mind. I have noticed today that there is more channels have been made available, which is great. But channels seem to being slotted in a willy-nilly nature. History Channel and CI have been placed between music channels. Which doesn't seem to make any sense. That's why am asking, is a possibility in the future we be able to move the channels around to where we want to have them? With my freeview Television, I can remove channels as well as move them around. It's a bit unusual that YouView hasn't got that facility yet. I hope it is coming. Colin

The number of LCNs available to YouView IP services will be increasing next week (from 400-599 to 300-599) with the 3 September retune. Sometime after this, it is expected that YouView will reshuffle the IP channels to fill this new range, providing much needed extra space in some genres. This should mean that channels such as History Channel and CI will move to their genre's correct LCN range.
    edited 1 December 2016, 1:23AM
    Colin5 said:

It would also be nice if you could move the channels around yourself I don't know if it's the same with BT but , with talktalk, its becoming a bit of a mess. Talktalk is making more Internet-based channels available, which is great but , they seems to be slotting them in willy-nilly suppose its where they have got space. It will be great if we could sort them out ourselves. Colin
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    Colin5 said:

Hi Colin - the ability to be able to define your own favourite channels list is a long standing request/idea that was raised early on in the trials in summer 2012. Whilst we have had the ability to hide channels for a long time now there is no particular indication that a favourite channels list in the order of your choosing is planned. That said channel list management which includes this aspect is item 2 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests and is by far one of the two most popular ideas and in terms of replies on topics is by far the most discussed.

Whilst we have no firm details or date for a Q&A with/from YouView my understanding is that it is being organised. I've posed two batches of questions that could be answered in such a Q&A (Q&A batch 1 and Q&A batch 2). Question 7 and 9 in the second batch relate to channel list management. Of course there is no guarantee YouView will answer those specific questions or even any of the questions I have suggested although it seems likely we should expect response on a variety of those matters.
    edited 1 December 2016, 1:23AM
    Colin5 said:

Good evening Keith, thanks for the excellent explanation. Here's hoping. Colin