Cannot access On Demad or use Catch Up. YVM104 error!

13»

Comments

• edited 26 September 2013, 7:33AM
    >> I have a TalkTalk YV box.

>> I'm going to email [email protected] and see if they can help

The boxes TalkTalk currently give out aren't made by Humax , if yours looks like the one here: https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/tv it's not a Humax so they won't be able to help.
  • Baz2Baz2 Member Posts: 4
    edited 19 November 2013, 10:32AM
    Richard,
    When did you reset the software? I tried that without success before I got the replacement a couple of weeks ago. Should have also said that the engineer told me, he was at this time unable to directly fix the box, as the way Humax configured the unit didnt allow it.
  • Richard ScottRichard Scott Member Posts: 3
    edited 6 March 2013, 10:02PM
    [removed] said:

Just switched it off at back for 30 secs and switched back on. Everything is working again. Now if only I could remember what I wanted to see from ondemand

Ymv104 error. Checking network settings showed box was connecting correctly. Switched off box at back and waited 30secs. Powered on and all working fine again.
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    gwatuk said:

I'm a TalkTalk Huawei box user.
    I get the impression that YVM104 has been much more of a problem for Humax users than Huawei ones.

However we've just had the latest software update - released two days ago.
    I've experienced YVM 104 twice since this upgrade, never had it before.
    A couple of other users also reporting it on the TalkTalk forum.
    Perhaps YouView's attempts to fix this problem have made it worse?

My experience of YVM104 is that it occurs when you select "YouView" and then "On Demand" - in other words this has nothing to do with accessing the internet.
    (The TalkTalk player can be accessed - it has it's own button! - and on demand from this works fine.)
    Box recovers after having been powered down and restarted.

Roy, I am not stupid.
    Why on earth should the box take any action over the internet before you have even chosen which player you are going to use?
    You're suggesting that this is to check that the players are available?
    Well I've checked this by making the selection whilst carefully watching my router's indicators.
    And I cannot begin to tell you how angry I am that it looks as though you may be right.
    Grrrrrrrrr! :-)
  • Richard DaviesRichard Davies Member Posts: 3
    edited 6 March 2013, 11:09PM
    Hi Martin, you're right. It's not a Humax but a Huawei.

I'll log a support call at https://uniportal.huawei.com/uniporta...

and let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed, someone can fix it!
  • Richard DaviesRichard Davies Member Posts: 3
    edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    I can't seem to log a support call online. But I have found this:

Hotline: 0844 800 6800
    Support Language: English
    Support Time: 09:00AM-06:00PM local time(A note of the IMEI and the Serial Number of your device is necessary before you calling.), Monday-Friday(except bank/public Holidays)

I'll call them tomorrow
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 7 March 2013, 12:40PM
    Tanja said:

Hi All,

We are currently experiencing a problem with On demand services, you may see the following errors;
    • When accessing Video On Demand – “YVM104”
    • When accessing Search – “Search isn’t working at the moment.”
    • When accessing ScrollBack – “No programme information.”

Apologies if you are facing any of these issues, we can confirm that restarting your box will resolve this. To restart, switch of the power to your box, wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on.

The YouView Team are investigating this and a fix will be in place shortly.

Additionally, the March 2013 Software update now available will also help to resolve this problem.

Had the Scroll Back problem a few times but more often with the Feb 2013 software for the T1000. Yes a box reboot is the only fix for this.
  • RobboRobbo Member Posts: 6
    edited 11 March 2013, 5:23PM
    After a two week wait the BT engineer arrived and could not update the software on the box so had to change it for a new one. That's my second replacement box. Just as well I have another recorder as I dare not record anything on the youview box incase it goes faulty again and I lose my recordings when it's changed. This YVM104 problem needs sorting out properly.

I can't seem to log a support call online. But I have found this:

Hotline: 0844 800 6800
    Support Language: English
    Support Time: 09:00AM-06:00PM local time(A note of the IMEI and the Serial Number of your device is necessary before you calling.), Monday-Friday(except bank/public Holidays)

I'll call them tomorrow

Did you make the call?
    YVM104 currently happening at a rate of once every two days on my TalkTalk (Huawei) box. Only been happening since last software update. :-(
  • TanjaTanja Member Posts: 251
    edited 5 November 2015, 10:34AM
    Hello gwatuk, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.
    Have you contacted TalkTalk yet for further help?

Robbo - are you still seeing this error on the replacement box?
  • RobboRobbo Member Posts: 6
    Tanja, the replacement Humax box works fine (for now). The BT engineer tried to do a software update but whilst the settings said the box was connected he could get anywhere.
    Tanja said:

Hello gwatuk, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.
    Have you contacted TalkTalk yet for further help?

Robbo - are you still seeing this error on the replacement box?

Thanks for your interest, Tanja. Yes I have logged it on the Talktalk forum. Several others have as well.
    As I mentioned it seems to be a result of the latest software update.
  • TanjaTanja Member Posts: 251
    Robbo said:

Tanja, the replacement Humax box works fine (for now). The BT engineer tried to do a software update but whilst the settings said the box was connected he could get anywhere.

Hi Robbo - glad to hear that the replacement box has resolved this for you.