Scheduled recordings vanishing and failed recordings daily!!!!

Caroline DuffCaroline Duff Member Posts: 6
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
Have seen the posts and went to the website to check regarding the failed recordings. None of the possible reasons apply. My box was not off, not re-booted, loads of memory left and the channels are all correctly tuned. I have scheduled recordings vanishing - also have the fast forward sticking. Very frustrated and wishing I had never bothered changing to You View. I'm with BT and was really happy with BT vision but was told that this would be a better option - wrong!!

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Everyone has the runaway skip problem.

If you box is not rebooted, though, try rebooting it.
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • Caroline DuffCaroline Duff Member Posts: 6
    edited 20 April 2013, 10:03AM
    My fingers are numb re-booting the box! Have tried this on average of twice a week.
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Call BT with your issue then, I think. They will figure out if you need a replacement box, and bring you one if so.
    edited 20 April 2013, 6:09PM
    I did call a couple of weeks ago and they referred me to You View!! I'll try again and see what happens. This is the problem when dealing with more than one company.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 20 April 2013, 6:11PM
    Your contract is with BT and you should only need to deal with them.
    edited 20 April 2013, 6:25PM
    Will give it another go and keep you posted!!
  • TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
    edited 22 April 2013, 5:51AM
    Roy1 said:

Not quite everyone Roy, I don't.
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 22 April 2013, 7:16AM
    Roy1 said:

I think it's only a matter of time till you get it Technogran, I almost never do but it does happen.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    Roy1 said:

Greetings, TG.

I'll rephrase that then:-

"All Youview boxes, whether Humax or Huawei, have a generic software problem such that the skip and fast forwards/backwards buttons can 'stick' or runaway, and not stop when you expect them to. The problem is acknowledged as having been introduced in a previous update, the fix is known, and it will be rolled out in the next box update.

It therefore follows that obtaining a new box will not address this problem, though it may address the other issue you (Caroline) are reporting."

So unless, you are still running an older version of the YouView software, TG, I can only conclude, in the words of the famous ad that it must be "I've got (runaway skip) but I don't suffer from it".

Perhaps you don't use skip, though, or perhaps a happy accident of the way you use your remote means you don't trigger it? (as a left-handed user of a right-handed mouse, I was able to repeatedly trigger an issue in some software that the developers could not reproduce at all, though they did find the problem by looking at the code; so I know that subtle timing issues can matter).

However, try this recipe; start the playback of a YouView recording, and press skip a few times. If it doesn't run away from you, bottle it, and I'll buy some :-)
  • TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
    edited 22 April 2013, 9:19AM
    Roy1 said:

I am on the latest software Roy, and press FF in quick succession to 'skip' past the ads whenever watching a recording from either ITV HD or CH 4 HD (don't ever record any of the SD channels) and I can state again that I do not get the 'stick' or runaway etc that others have suffered. I can only speak for my personal usage, and I am using the TT Huawei unit at the moment. So I clarify my statement. I am also using my Harmony One remote to control the unit.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    Roy1 said:

Hmmm. I wonder if the Harmony sends the codes with fractionally different timing from the standard remotes, and this is enough to avoid triggering the issue?
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 22 April 2013, 10:20AM
    Roy1 said:

My Harmony 555 on default timing triggers the issue.