HD channels on SD EPG Numbers?

MikeTVMikeTV Member Posts: 7
edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM in Archived Posts
Can you place the HD channels (101, 102 etc) appear via the standard channel number for that channel within the EPG, eg. BBC ONE HD (101) to appear on Channel 1? I go to 101 as I prefer to watch the HD channels, but then have to go back to the start of the EPG (01) to see what's on other channels eg Five& ITV-1 (on 05,06) You might not think this is a big deal but others in my household go mad when they can't find these other channels straight away.........?

Comments

• gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 24 April 2013, 6:44PM
    No you can't. One of the things already on the wish list maintained by Keith.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Can you imagine how mad this would make others who are used to the way things are at the moment? The difficulty with this kind of request is that there are probably almost as many preferences for channel ordering as there are users out there, you will never have one system that satisfies all.

You will find that similar requests have been made many times before and this is item 2 on the list here.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM
    We know that some customers would like this but we wouldn't force everyone to use the same numbering! If/when we do enable this, it'll be a per-customer option. The work done in the April release that's being rolled out now to Humax boxes to filter the EPG by genre/type may help with favourites and channel re-ordering too.
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 24 April 2013, 8:00PM
    The new EPG filtering does indeed help here somewhat as the HD filter obviously shows 101 to 104 and to then get back to easily see what's on 5 onwards the Entertainment filter comes in. Not too laborious once we get used to it.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 1:13PM
    I actually meant that the work we have done on the UI software would make it easier to add favourites in the future, but good news if it helps in the present too :)
  • ZagZag Member Posts: 1
    edited 20 August 2013, 2:27PM
    New user here coming from a sky box which allows you to replace bbc1 with bbc1 HD.

Just offer it as an option please.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 19 August 2013, 6:49PM
    At the moment the Digital Television Group which control these matters do not allow substitution however a recent consultation did give a more sympathetic view. A slightly quicker way to navigate is to use the filters on the guide (blue button). These go straight to "entertainment" starting at 1 but you can flip back using the "HD" filter.

Satellite is slightly different - Sky's EPG allows it (remember there are things like regional news that are not in HD) but freesat does not however you can substitute any BBC 1 region which I believe is not allowed on Sky as the card fixes the region.
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:54PM
    Piers2 said:

I actually meant that the work we have done on the UI software would make it easier to add favourites in the future, but good news if it helps in the present too :)

That's what we want to hear!
    SmileySmileySmileySmiley
  • Plastivore2Plastivore2 Member Posts: 65
    edited 20 August 2013, 9:08AM
    I think there is a bit of confusion, here. I think MikeTV wants to able to move the HD channels on their SD EPG number manually. Even if that's not it, the ability to do it would be welcome for some people.

I mean, it's not like my 5 year old TV does not allow me to personalise the channel numbers if I want to... And that comparison works with pretty much any old Freeview receiver!
  • Peskdale61Peskdale61 Member Posts: 91
    edited 20 August 2013, 2:27PM
    Zag said:

New user here coming from a sky box which allows you to replace bbc1 with bbc1 HD.

Just offer it as an option please.

Except for the fact Sky boxes don't do this - because there aren't regional variants in HD.
  • Ali RussellAli Russell Member Posts: 1
    edited 12 January 2014, 5:40PM
    Piers2 said:

We know that some customers would like this but we wouldn't force everyone to use the same numbering! If/when we do enable this, it'll be a per-customer option. The work done in the April release that's being rolled out now to Humax boxes to filter the EPG by genre/type may help with favourites and channel re-ordering too.

My Panasonic TV allows you to pick your own order, easy to swap channels and choose your own order. Everyone's a winner.
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 December 2016, 11:01AM
    Piers2 said:

What I like on my Panasonic is the fact that BBC1 SD is now hidden in the EPG but if I type 101 I can still watch the regional news when it's on.

[I swapped 1 with 101 and then hid 101]