help the remotes not working and I cant finish start up

Emily GibsonEmily Gibson Member Posts: 1
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
I have just got it all out of the box and the remote wasn't working so I used the buttons on the box for the start up but now its asking for a four digit code which I cant use the buttons on the box for.

so erm.. help? the batteries are in, the blue light comes on on the remote when I press things its just not doing anything on the screen.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Try the last 4 digits of your phone number.
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    The Humax remote has buttons top left marked TV and PVR for selecting to make it operate the relevant device. Is it just that you need to press 'PVR'?
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    Cicero said:

The Humax remote has buttons top left marked TV and PVR for selecting to make it operate the relevant device. Is it just that you need to press 'PVR'?

Where's the blue light on a Humax remote?
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 29 April 2013, 8:55PM
    Cicero said:

As Emily said, how can she input the 'last four digits of a phone number' without a remote. I was using the Humax as an example, that's why I specified Humax.
    Or have I misunderstood your comment Roy, as you seem to have misunderstood Emily's problem?
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    Cicero said:

Hi Cicero/Emily

I didn't see Emily as stuck with a non-working remote, as the blue light comes on to show that something is happening, but rather that her box wouldn't respond as it was stuck waiting for the PIN.

I see your point about the buttons now - not that you thought she had a Humax, but that the TT remote might be similar, at least as far as TV/PVR went. So, yes, I misunderstood you; apologies.

If it's not a simple TV versus PVR button issue, though, then I guess Emily is going to need a working remote, either as a replacement from TT (as her box is brand new) or via a multifunction remote, for which hopefully Gomez will know the code.