MyView and On Demand remote control codes

13»

Comments

• Adrian Wood1Adrian Wood1 Member Posts: 235
    edited April 2013
    Floppy said:

OK, I've generated the string that I think gives the right output:

F948DP2328S1130P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S0226P0226S0226P0226S0226P0226S0226P0226S0226P0226S0672P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S0226P0226S0672P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S0672P0226S0672P0258S01F4P0258S01F4P0258S0226P0226S0226P0226S0672P0258S0672P0226S0226P0226S0226P0226S0672P0258S0672P0226S06A4P0226

If you paste that in the final dialog on the Harmony site, you get what looks like the right sequence. I'm trying to program my remote now to see if it works.

I've found this same problem that hits me frequently (Huawei box) - after the MyView key went to open a series stack on page 2 (ie OK, down arrow, left arrow, down arrow, down arrow, OK) all fine. Then when pressing the Back / Return key instead of closing the stack it went back to live TV - a serious nuisance at least for me. Is there any possible fix or at least a workaround or a way to avoid the bug?
    edited April 2013

Hi,
    I have a Harmony Touch so do my 'programming' via MyHarmony. How can I get the Huawei DN370T command for MyView into my remote?

Also, does anyone have discrete power on and off commands for the Huawei?

I don't know - if you have an account username and password fro MyHarmony.com have you tried using that at members.harmonyremote.com?
  • Mike ButlerMike Butler Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2014

Hi,
    I have a Harmony Touch so do my 'programming' via MyHarmony. How can I get the Huawei DN370T command for MyView into my remote?

Also, does anyone have discrete power on and off commands for the Huawei?

Yes, and no, I don't get access to members.harmonyremote.com that way.
  • gr4zgr4z Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for the somewhat newb question. I only got a Youview box last week. I am trying to add this MyView code to my Harmony 650 using the site mentioned here. I receive the error 'conversion failure'.

I also dont see any MyView in the Harmony database....how would I sync and check again?

Thanks
  • Mark ThurleyMark Thurley Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    gr4z said:

Sorry for the somewhat newb question. I only got a Youview box last week. I am trying to add this MyView code to my Harmony 650 using the site mentioned here. I receive the error 'conversion failure'.

I also dont see any MyView in the Harmony database....how would I sync and check again?

Thanks

Are you using the Humax or Huawei box?
    edited April 2013
    gr4z said:

Thanks

Humax
  • Mark ThurleyMark Thurley Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    gr4z said:

Thanks

You Can always do what I did. Log into myharmony. Use the support tab and ask them to add the following codes for the Humax DTR-T1000 (assuming you have the black Humax box):
    0x000812ED On Demand
    0x00089867 MyView
    Took them about 24 hours for me and now it is available to select as usual.
    edited April 2013
    OK great thanks - email sent.
    edited April 2013
    Regarding the bug that causes MyView to be exited when using direct access to MyView when pressing OK a few times (instead of going back to the previous screen), I have noticed that if after pressing the "MyView" button I press Up Arrow instead of OK, then the bug does not happen.

However, I like to press OK so as to go the top of the list (ie the most recent recording).

Does anyone know of a workaround with minimum number of button presses that can be used, ideally programmed into a Harmony remote? I tried to program a sequence for MyView - Up Arrow - Down Arrow - adding in a 1 second delay helps but that slows things down and doesn't seem to quite work for me.

Piers - any news on a resolution for this bug?
  • Mike ButlerMike Butler Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2014
    I've found that, on my Huawei box, when I access MyView via the direct remote command, if I press OK I go to the top of the list BUT I can't actually play any of the recorded programmes. It doesn't matter what I select, I get no response from the box.
    If instead I go to MyView via the direct remote command and then choose the recording I want to play by pressing Up Arrow until I get to it, it plays just fine. This is OK to a point, but as the newest recording is at the top of the list, it's a rather tedious way to choose it.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Right Arrow to Scheduled then Right Arrow again back to Recordings before pressing OK to go to the top of the list works for me.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You can also use "YouView Button" -> "MyView Button" -> "OK", which seems to work around the problem. Maybe a programmed key sequence could take care of that.

Sorry - the fix is not scheduled yet, but it's in the queue.
  • Alex LindlAlex Lindl Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2017
    Would it be possible to add discrete codes for power on and power off for the device, to be used with universal remotes?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    Discrete power on & off buttons..
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

Would it be possible to add discrete codes for power on and power off for the device, to be used with universal remotes?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    Discrete power on & off buttons..

Hi. As mentioned above in this thread, we've asked Humax and Huawei if they've implemented power on/off IR codes and we're waiting to hear back from them.
    edited May 2013
    Piers2 said:

You can also use "YouView Button" -> "MyView Button" -> "OK", which seems to work around the problem. Maybe a programmed key sequence could take care of that.

Sorry - the fix is not scheduled yet, but it's in the queue.

This option works well for me on my Harmony remote - except, see my new post below.
    edited May 2013
    I've found a new bug related to this topic.

To work around the other bug above, the option from Piers (works best in my opinion) is to press Youview before the discrete MyView command.

However, I have found that if the above buttons are pressed too quickly then MyView does not respond to further button presses - the only way out is to press Exit.

On the Harmony remote that means that it is necessary to add a pause (half a second or more) to avoid this new bug.

So, I have the following command on my Harmony remote - still seems better though than using the other workaround (arrow keys).

Youview command
    1 second pause
    Myview command

Piers - are the Youview development team aware of this new bug?
    edited June 2013
    @Adrian, after I started using your approach of having a macro sequence to do a Youview first I too have hit this bug, but only every now and again. As you say the only way out is Exit then try again. I have not bothered adding a delay between commands. You can instantly recognise when it has gone wrong as instead of the Recordings list above the menu bar you see live TV instead.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited May 2017
    Sorry guys - been away for a break, so have missed a few weeks of the forum and suffered TERRIBLE withdrawal symptoms, only lessened by lounging around in hot sun all day .....

As a total newby with these remotes, which one would y'all suggest I get to control a Samsung smart TV, a Humax 9200T, and a Youview box? There are no end out there from about £19 up to approaching £300 or more....!

Any help and advice would be appreciated ....

Confused of Manchester....

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi churchwarden - there is a comparison chart for the Harmony remotes at

http://www.harmony-remote-forum.de/ha...

That may help narrow down the (logitech harmony) options depending on what is important to you. I originally had the 785/720 model but that failed and I replaced it with the 700. I was selecting based on something that could control about 6 devices (to give me a couple spare for the future or some harmony tricks (as noted in the rolled up comments here)), marco support for simple sequences, physical colour keys (rather than on a touch screen), at least 4 soft keys.

Logitech now have newer models and a reduced range based on their website. The nearest one to what I have would be the 650 which seems to support 1 less device and use AA batteries :(

So depending on what you want to spend you could try the 650 (or find somewhere selling a similar priced older model like the 700 or 555) or look in more detail at their newer models although they are more expensive.

Perhaps someone else on here will have one of the new models and would be able to comment on whether it is any good and worth the higher price.

Equally others may recommend something other than a logitech harmony which may be a better choice now.
    edited June 2013
    Given I have 12 devices defined on my 15 device max 555 I don't see how any of the models which support less would be any good for me.
  • Adrian Wood2Adrian Wood2 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2016
    Sorry to resurrect this thread.  I haven't used my Youview box for 2 years, but have now gone back to it.  I'm on TalkTalk still, but using DTR-T2100 box.   I have upgraded to a Harmony Smart Control remote.  The MyView command still works, but the OnDemand command goes to the Discover TV section.  Is the OnDemand command working correctly for anyone else?  I wonder if it's failing because the Youview menu has changed, or because I'm now using a BT box instead of the a Huawei box.  Any ideas how to get this working?

Presumably there still have been no diiscrete power codes or other remote codes published?
    edited May 2016
    Sorry to resurrect this thread.  I haven't used my Youview box for 2 years, but have now gone back to it.  I'm on TalkTalk still, but using DTR-T2100 box.   I have upgraded to a Harmony Smart Control remote.  The MyView command still works, but the OnDemand command goes to the Discover TV section.  Is the OnDemand command working correctly for anyone else?  I wonder if it's failing because the Youview menu has changed, or because I'm now using a BT box instead of the a Huawei box.  Any ideas how to get this working?

Presumably there still have been no diiscrete power codes or other remote codes published?