I wish I could reset a recording to 'Not Watched'

RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
Once a recording is Part Watched or Watched, there's no way back.

I'd like it if this status could be driven off the slider, so pulling it back to the start of the programme would set it Not Watched.

And likewise, you could set a programme to Watched by just pulling the slider to the end, or Part Watched by leaving it in between. You can currently set Watched by sliding to the end and then playing, but there's not much point to this.

And you can never make the status go 'backwards', which I would like to be able to do.

The scheme above has the advantage that it does not require any changes to the UI, just to what happens in a couple of circumstances.
Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...

Comments

• CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 22 May 2013, 10:06AM
    I'd vote for that.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 22 May 2013, 12:12PM
    What I do with a part-watched recording that I intend to go back to is to Lock it as a reminder.
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM
    Why do you want to do this?

I honestly can't think of a reason.
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Me neither. If it's so forgettable I can't remember if I watched it, it's taking up space I can put to better use. Delete delete delete.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi Al

My wife falls asleep during the playback of recorded stuff (our YouView box is in the bedroom).

As I have to go to work the next day, I keep watching to the end, knowing that she can finish it the next day when I'm not there.

I should like to rewind the program to about five minutes before the first unmistakeable snore, and leave it there, 'Part Watched' for her to pick up on.

If you have a sufficiently inventive mind, you may infer the reasons for wanting a reset to 'Not Watched'.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    sam1 said:

Me neither. If it's so forgettable I can't remember if I watched it, it's taking up space I can put to better use. Delete delete delete.

Do you by any chance live alone?
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    I've extended item 14 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests to pick up this idea too :)
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 22 May 2013, 6:03PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Al

My wife falls asleep during the playback of recorded stuff (our YouView box is in the bedroom).

As I have to go to work the next day, I keep watching to the end, knowing that she can finish it the next day when I'm not there.

I should like to rewind the program to about five minutes before the first unmistakeable snore, and leave it there, 'Part Watched' for her to pick up on.

If you have a sufficiently inventive mind, you may infer the reasons for wanting a reset to 'Not Watched'.

Why not simply rewind or start playback again and fast forward to the relevant point especially now the Humax's "sticky button" bug seems a thing of the past.
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 22 May 2013, 7:58PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Al

We all realise this can be done, what is being suggested is more flexibility with no change to the UI, you wouldn't have to use the feature if you don't want to. So it must be worth considering, I can't see any downside.
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited 22 May 2013, 8:15PM
    sam1 said:

It would certainly be true to say that I don't share my Youview with a sleepy wife. :-)

Thanks for the explanation.