When will the android app be released ? I know you have the apple one out, and also why was they all

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    Piers2 said:

Hi Terry. Sorry that you feel that way, but I don't think your comments are very helpful. We started working on the app as soon as we had time in the development schedule, and we've got a great team of developers and the app is on track. (the "May" date was a bit optimistic and didn't come from YouView!)

We're testing now, and hope to have the app out in 4-6 weeks.

We're all beta testers for YouView here, Matthew :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Matthew WhiteMatthew White Member Posts: 17
    edited 13 May 2013, 2:06PM
    Piers2 said:

Hi Terry. Sorry that you feel that way, but I don't think your comments are very helpful. We started working on the app as soon as we had time in the development schedule, and we've got a great team of developers and the app is on track. (the "May" date was a bit optimistic and didn't come from YouView!)

:) no different to all other tech companies though , apple, MS , google are all at it . Why beta test when you can crowd source
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 13 May 2013, 2:23PM
    Piers2 said:

Add me as a Beta tester if you want.
  • Greig MuirGreig Muir Member Posts: 2
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Why do you only have a youview app for apple when the majority of people use android?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    Android App??.
  • RachelRachel Member Posts: 46
    edited 13 May 2013, 2:49PM

Why do you only have a youview app for apple when the majority of people use android?

Android App??.

Hi,
    we have merged this into the mentioned thread
  • Andy2Andy2 Member Posts: 18
    edited 13 May 2013, 2:53PM
    Piers2 said:

Good news! Also happy to test if that's an option...
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 15 May 2013, 1:29PM

I think the inability to release the android app reflects on the whole youview experience, which personaly I think is very poorI am with bt and my box frankly is rubbish the subtitles start on thier own the narrating voice appears willy nilly I have complained to bt but nothing. Apple is designed for people who have difficulty understandin tech thats why it is made simple for them to understand, Android however is not I give up checking for this app

Terry Hogg; "Apple is designed for people who have difficulty understandin tech thats why it is made simple for them to understand, Android however is not"

That made me laugh (but probably not for the reasons you wanted it to!) :)
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 15 May 2013, 4:52PM

I think the inability to release the android app reflects on the whole youview experience, which personaly I think is very poorI am with bt and my box frankly is rubbish the subtitles start on thier own the narrating voice appears willy nilly I have complained to bt but nothing. Apple is designed for people who have difficulty understandin tech thats why it is made simple for them to understand, Android however is not I give up checking for this app

Apple takes from those who know no better. Android takes from those who think they know better. MS takes from those who should know better. ;)
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 29 May 2013, 10:18PM
    Piers2 said:

Glad that it is that near.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    Coming soon - watch this space.....

http://www.whathifi.com/news/youview-...

• SantapanterSantapanter Member Posts: 57
    edited 18 January 2015, 7:50PM

Coming soon - watch this space.....

http://www.whathifi.com/news/youview-...

Thats good news, finally its almost here, all be I still think six months between releases is a long time. but hey ho, it will be good when we can get it.
  • SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 30 May 2013, 5:51PM
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/30/yo...

Mostly same content as the link from @churchwarden gave, but it also includes the HTC One S ... Thanks, that is my phone right now. Phew.

Also the hint that the retail boxes will be getting access to more IPTV channels later this year which is great news as long as they are not shopping channels.
  • edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    It looks like it's really happening...

gwatuk said:

Ooh look - a mug with youview :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • edited 8 January 2015, 4:53PM
    gwatuk said:

Ho ho.
    Apparently it was a real working demo.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2016, 11:55AM
    gwatuk said:

Of the mug?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    gwatuk said:

Smiley
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    YouView confirms Android app release date for mid-June: Hands on pictures

http://recombu.com/digital/news/youvi...

• Chris__M2Chris__M2 Member Posts: 64
    edited 31 May 2013, 3:43PM
    gwatuk said:

It's a bit unkind to call him a mug, though...
  • KevinxKevinx Member Posts: 13
    edited 8 June 2013, 2:52PM
    dhilluk said:

Companies think they are so clever only releasing the iOS App first. They should grow up!

They had to release the iGroan app first, as IGroan owners take a little bit longer to understand "Why" ;-)) Android owners, STILL patiently waiting, are able to learn new skills quicker!! ;-))
    edited 8 June 2013, 2:55PM
    Piers2 said:

Piers.. Any (further) update yet please? How will we be notified? or should we simply keep checking the "Play Store" (Market - Sounds better)? :-) Thanks
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 8 June 2013, 4:18PM

YouView confirms Android app release date for mid-June: Hands on pictures

I'll believe it when I see it does not mean mid-June 2015. Until it appears, I'll put in that order for a bulk salt delivery.
    Piers2 said:

Kevinx - have you checked out www.youviewupdate.co.uk ?

Android App??.

Why does a drunk only look for his dropped keys under the lamp post?
  • Simon12Simon12 Member Posts: 391
    edited 1 October 2015, 10:08AM
    Lo all.
    Having just (probably foolishly, but the deal was good) jumped ship from Android to Windows phone - is there any likelihood that WP users will also get an app, or is this wishful thinking??

Simon
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 8 June 2013, 9:35PM
    Simon12 said:

Lo all.
    Having just (probably foolishly, but the deal was good) jumped ship from Android to Windows phone - is there any likelihood that WP users will also get an app, or is this wishful thinking??

Simon

I would think they will eventually bring out an app for phones running on Windows Nine.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 8 June 2013, 9:45PM
    Simon12 said:

Lo all.

Simon

Cloud 9 more like it.
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    "“YouView has launched its iOS app, it’s planning to launch its Android app in May and we’ll follow suit with another companion app."

The journalist muses that the "companion app" might be Windows or BB
    edited 8 June 2013, 11:57PM
    Piers2 said:

GW,
    No, I hadn't. Didn't know that existed (didn't actually look for it!). Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated. Cheers
    I did find the following links though, none of which offer a firm date however..
    Cheers

http://community.youview.com/youview/...

• Simon12Simon12 Member Posts: 391
    sam1 said:

"“YouView has launched its iOS app, it’s planning to launch its Android app in May and we’ll follow suit with another companion app."

The journalist muses that the "companion app" might be Windows or BB

Yeah and knowing my luck it'll be BB10.
    I have WP8 now and firesale Blackberry Playbook (with no port for BB10 looking like its on the horizon)
    Having said that Windows phone has finally overtaken BB for third place for Global sales this year (just). So here's hoping.