The new BT Sports channels launched today for BT YouView customers

2»

Comments

• lloydoflondonlloydoflondon Member Posts: 296
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:25PM

BT is a joke when it comes to YouView. We can get sports for free if we have a SKY box or YouView with Infinity broadband. Guess what BT? I live in a rural area and you can't be bothered to roll out fast broadband here so although I pay to subscribe to your BT Vision service with a YouView box I cannot get Sport on it and have to use the App instead.

Calvin,

Living in the middle of nowhere, I did until I went to University, means you're probably more likely to get infinity than I am living in the worlds first mega city.

Goodness, when the cable companies laid fibre optics, nearly 20 years ago, down my road, due a geographical anomaly, they only dug up one side of the street. That small, isolated, block of 1940's flats in between the church and special school, near the petrol station, well, we'll just do that later. Let's concentrate on the 100 houses on this side first. Two bankrupt companies later and Virgin Media don't have the capital budget to do our side. Despite the school and petrol station being knocked down and re-built as two 7 story blocks of flats, there are now more dwellings on this side of the street.

Further to that, BT seem to be concentrating their efforts, IMHO, to laying down infinity in more sparsely populated areas that missed fibre optics first-time around.

Rant over now.
  • CeejayCeejay Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited 3 August 2013, 12:04AM

BT is a joke when it comes to YouView. We can get sports for free if we have a SKY box or YouView with Infinity broadband. Guess what BT? I live in a rural area and you can't be bothered to roll out fast broadband here so although I pay to subscribe to your BT Vision service with a YouView box I cannot get Sport on it and have to use the App instead.

Gomez,

You can get BT Sport on a Vision+ box via DTT. This is what Calvin means.
  • calvin heathcalvin heath Member Posts: 54
    edited 3 August 2013, 8:34AM

God, that must be annoying. Fibre optic broadband. So close, and yet so far! Surely this would cost peanuts for BT to sort out? Get everyone one your side of the road to sign a petition and send it in to them. Couldn't hurt!
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited 3 August 2013, 9:35AM

Couldn't hurt but unlikely to help. Are you in a marginal constituency, by any good fortune? If so, write to the endangered MP, and also try contacting a journalist or three. Someone who has written critically about the handling of the fibre rollout.
  • MunsMuns Member Posts: 12
    edited 26 February 2014, 4:04PM
    Audio keeps cutting out for me on the BT Sport HD channels. Sometimes I get no audio at all and have to switch away and come back, but it always fails eventually in less than a minute. I've seen a couple of posts on this over in the BT forums.....any ideas, Phil et al?
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Did anyone watch The BT Sports Panel hosted by Tim Lovejoy yesterday? It was very relaxed and informal. And also very funny. And the segment where Matt Dawson was beaten up by a girl (for real) was hilarious. If anyones not seen it, its worth checking out. Smiley
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Peter GunnPeter Gunn Member Posts: 5
    edited 4 August 2013, 10:14PM

But we can watch it online via the app! Whynot just watch the same app on youview? Hint hint bt...
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    (Off topic)

OK... Anyone think they know their football? Try this managers rant quiz. I got 8/10 -

WARNING! The following rants contain extremely strong language -

http://www.theguardian.com/football/q...
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Michael Alan RobertsMichael Alan Roberts Member Posts: 9
    edited 27 August 2013, 9:33AM
    I Can't see the extra channels on my YouView Box. It is a retail box, but i am on BT Infinity and subscribe to BT Player. I have read on other forums that users with the additional channels have ISP Configuration 29 in the software revisions, i only have 28. Any ideas? or is this a BT Broadband Issue?

Mike