sorry that's not working. Because of Problems with your TV signal, recordings and reminders cannot b

13»

Comments

• Dave HowardDave Howard Member Posts: 3
    edited 24 January 2014, 6:40PM
    For me, this problem is 100% resolved. @Alan Miller. Persevere, we've found YouView to be really very good. Much better than the previous Freeview boxes we have suffered (Humax and a Sony which was DREADFUL). Stick with it and I hope you will be pleased. Have to agree with @Pete. The iphone app really isn't great and amongst other things, prevents you from using the most efficient Power Saving mode. I gave up with it in the end.
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 4 April 2013, 6:25PM
    Have you got the latest version of the iPhone app? I think it is very good and although a search function and two-way communication with the box to show existing scheduled recordings would be an excellent addition, it functions very well and I have found it to be really useful.
  • Dave HowardDave Howard Member Posts: 3
    edited 24 January 2014, 6:40PM
    Hmmm ..... no, but I saw it had been updated. The energy saving thing kills it for me. Maybe I'll give it another try.
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 4 April 2013, 7:06PM
    Youview could do with an intermediate standby mode, inbetween high-eco and low-eco, as suggested by Keith many moons ago. http://community.youview.com/youview/...

That would be the best solution to the need to keep the box in low-eco to use the app. Or so it seems to me.
  • Peter SharpPeter Sharp Member Posts: 8
    edited 4 April 2013, 7:10PM
    Cant set any recordings due to this message, it only appeared this morning.
  • Pete EdwardsPete Edwards Member Posts: 4
    edited 4 April 2013, 7:38PM
    Can't record because this message. Started about hour ago. Tried everything suggested in the topic. Nothing has worked.

Marvellous!
    edited 4 April 2013, 7:38PM

Can't record because this message. Started about hour ago. Tried everything suggested in the topic. Nothing has worked.

Marvellous!

I dusted off the old human freesat box instead
  • AnotherJohnHAnotherJohnH Member Posts: 36
    edited 26 August 2015, 4:39PM
    I've just tried, and there is no problem for me on Sutton Coldfield on a few programmes a few hours ahead...

which transmitter are you on?
    what software/firmware version(s) are you on?
    which programmes are you trying to reserve?
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 2:13PM
    Looks like a Humax YouView box problem in some regions including London, with certain channels/multiplexes in the guide. (e.g. ITV, 4, 5, Dave) I've commented on this topic:

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    edited 4 April 2013, 11:06PM
    Bit frustrating when that "must record" programme won't record.

I'll await resolution.
    Thanks for the response.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 2:13PM
    The BBC have kindly changed some data to work around the issue, so reminders and recordings can be set. We'll keep monitoring.
  • David9David9 Member Posts: 2
    edited 12 June 2013, 10:54AM
    I have this issue with my new box. It recorded a couple of programs but now gives this error if I try to schedule a timer recording.
    It also won't let me select another channel from the guide, but the channel is fine if selected with ch+/-
    Not a great start.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Switch off at back, wait 30 seconds, switch on again.

The YouView all-purpose nostrum for weird (as the original, repeatable, cause for this error has been fixed, according to page 1 of this thread) and hopefully temporary glitches.

Does that improve matters?
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • David9David9 Member Posts: 2
    I've done that and all seems to be working, but can I expect it to fail on a regular basis? I missed one recording, hope it will be the last.
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 13 June 2013, 1:31PM
    I have had very few problems with my box so based on my experience, I would say you should not expect it to fail on a regular basis.
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    David9 said:

I've done that and all seems to be working, but can I expect it to fail on a regular basis? I missed one recording, hope it will be the last.

It's beginning to seem that all new boxes benefit from a reboot, even if they do one or two themselves as part of their installation.

But whenever a newly installed box shows a pattern of symptoms that isn't typical of the known issues, we recommend a reboot, and we don't normally hear of the issue coming back a few days later, or any such.

No guarantees, of course, as who knows what may happen in the future with the box? But I think you can be optimistic this issue is behind you (FLW)
  • Andy JWAndy JW Member Posts: 20
    edited 9 October 2013, 9:57AM
    I am also now experiencing this (I thought it had been fixed) problem but
    it is only happening on some channels (c5+1, quest, 5 USA, drama, QVC, ITV2+1)!

I can also set recordings for these channels up to 2 days in advance but they then fail to record.
    I have tried soft re-set (power off), hard re-set (lose all recordings which is a really bad solution!) and several re-tunes. Part of the problems I have are, I think, associated with Welsh TV as I am in the Bristol TV region and get both Welsh and English MUXes which seem to confuse both YouView and an older TV.

All of my other (newer) TVs work fine with the select region options but YouView seems to struggle - and sometimes switches to BBC Wales even though I've hidden the Welsh TV channels.

Hoping Humax / YouView can properly fix this soon, as it's driving me mad!!
  • andy braceyandy bracey Member Posts: 3
    edited 23 January 2014, 9:45PM
    I too have this problem - cant record any programmes in the future. Signal quality is 100%, signal strength 70%. This applies across the board to all tv stations. Suddenly started doing this a week ago. Ive tried the 8 second reset to no avail. Its had me tearing my hair out and Im extremely hoiked off .....

Have also tried a cold reboot. No joy. Just about to retune (should we really have to do this?) so hold on .....

..... nope.

Just saw the emoticons below. There doesn't seem to be one for 'frustrates me beyond belief that so many people seem to have the same issue yet all youview can come up with is 'check your leads' or some such only marginally more responsible reaction' .....

grrr!
    edited 24 January 2014, 6:27PM
    I now also have failure to record some programs, as if I'm living in a time-warp?!

Today is Friday 24th February 2014 (says so on my newspaper and also on the YouView scheduled recordings screen).
    But it has 2 recordings scheduled for the 21st February 2014 still showing as scheduled to record?? And also one for the 22nd February.
    All my recording and tuning problems seem to happen when I haven't used the box for a few days, usually after being away from home, with left in standby mode and appear to relate to either a failure to come out of hibernation or loss of the network connection!
    I will try leaving it switched fully on (to hell with trying to be 'green') and see whether this is better?
    edited 24 January 2014, 6:35PM
    Please see screen capture
  • plaxyplaxy Member Posts: 217
    This is January.
    edited 24 January 2014, 9:10PM
    plaxy said:

This is January.

Oops!! I knew that - Imeant January
    edited 24 January 2014, 9:12PM
    plaxy said:

This is January.

See photo - image
  • plaxyplaxy Member Posts: 217
    edited 24 January 2014, 9:30PM
    plaxy said:

This is January.

My Humax Freesat box does that. Confusing, but on the Freesat box it doesn't cause a problem. Did the box record Death in Paradise correctly on Tue 21 Jan?
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    plaxy said:

This is January.

YouView boxes thwarted in their acquisition of programmes for you will look on alternate channels and/or alternate days to obtain what you wanted.

This is maybe what is happening with those 'past' programmes, and they will be there for a few days more until either the box snags them for you, or it finally gives them up as a hopeless quest, and goes to 'Failed'