Unable to Series Record programme in the future

gavinjlewandowskigavinjlewandowski Member Posts: 11
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Hi,

I am unable to set recordings for programmes in the future, anything more than 2 days away I simply cannot record from the guide.

I have tried setting a series record for 10:30pm on Thursday night ITV2 , pressing R on the remote when the programme is highlighted does nothing, also I get no response if I press "i" then press OK on Record Programme.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Touch blue ring, or standby button if you don't have a blue ring, for just over 8 seconds when the box isn't recording or about to, and let the box soft reset.

Any improvement?
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • gavinjlewandowskigavinjlewandowski Member Posts: 11
    edited 24 March 2014, 9:24AM
    Hi Roy,

Unfortunately this hasnt helped, the only way I could set the recording was via the mobile app, any attempts to set a recording more than 2 days in the future from the EPG fails.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    In that case, your box would appear to be faulty, as this is not a common complaint.

You could try the rather more drastic Maintenance Mode reset:-

http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

taking the option to reload the software, the most drastic one that stops short of actually blatting your recordings

and see if that helps.

(There is a VOL+ button on all YouView boxes, including Huaweis, but you may have to hunt for it, or look in your UserGuide, if you don't have the pictured DTR-T1000)

Otherwise, time to watch your stored recordings, and call whoever is responsible for replacing your box under warranty or support, if you are still eligible for that :-(

‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
    edited 24 March 2014, 10:30AM
    Hi Roy,

It is a DTR-T1000 that I have, this is the second box I am on now as the first one failed within 5 days of having it. I will try again this evening and see what happens when I follow the maintenance mode instructions.

Cheers

• Andy JWAndy JW Member Posts: 20
    edited 20 April 2014, 8:48PM
    I had the same problem when the internet connection failed! I wasn't aware that a web connection was needed for the EPG but neither the EPG or search function worked properly until I had resolved the internet connection, so it's worth checking.
    edited 21 April 2014, 10:28PM
    Thanks Andy, the feature has suddenly started working again for me now. I did reset the box as advised by Youview customer care.