motors tv

DM1DM1 Member Posts: 8
edited 30 June 2017, 8:53PM in Archived Posts
Is their any chance motor TV will work with youview box some time in the future with software update or is it hardware that stop in for working on the box.

Comments

• c cc c Member Posts: 413
    edited 9 July 2014, 11:05PM
    YouView doesn't support the software used by the Connect-TV channels. See http://www.connect-tv.tv/faq.aspx
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:32AM
    I believe it is possible to make YouView compliant with the MHEG-Interaction Channel Streaming (MHEG-ICS) specification required but seeing as there is very little using it and these channels can't be recorded it will be seen as hardly worth it....maybe Motors TV will change its delivery method....
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 13 June 2014, 1:04PM
    What we have been teased with is the prospect that YouView will become HTML5 compatible which should improve the range of services as the new Freeview Connect standard will also be based on it.

As Connect TV is owned by Arqiva, there is an incentive for YouView to progress it.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Good News for all you Motors TV fans. Motors TV will be made available as a free to air terrestrial channel as of the 9th October 2014. image

Your YouView box should pick up this channel automatically. For more information see their Official Facebook Page
  • DM1DM1 Member Posts: 8
    edited 7 October 2014, 3:59PM
    what has changed to make this happen?
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited 20 March 2017, 4:24PM
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I've read those, and I still don't understand. It's going, as far as I can tell, to be a normal FTA SD transmission.

So why say 'Freeview HD?' Why not just say 'Freeview'?

We have three Freeview TVs with no HD tuner (including, curiously, one that can get the 200 data channels, and thus the current MotorsTV).

I think those three sets ought to get Motors TV on 71?

Or is it going to be SD from an HD mux (if a mux even is HD or SD, except insofar as what channels it carries?) and so only tunable by an HD tuner, even though it's only SD?

So is this mention of HD a mistake, or have Freeview rebranded themselves in a confusing way, or is it a mux thing, or what?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited 20 March 2017, 4:24PM
    Right now it's looking like it will be on COM7 multiplex, which is a HD multiplex. But like Al Jazeera Arabic and Jewellery Maker which are both in SD. You will need a Freeview HD receiver or Youview box to watch it.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    Stop whingeing Roy, any extra channels are welcome are they not?  ;-)
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    redchiz said:

Since when has a reasonable request for clarification been a whinge? :-)

So one device that can get it now won't be able to get it in future, three that couldn't get it before still won't be able to get it, one that could already get it will still be able to get it, and four that couldn't get it before will now be able to get it.

What could be simpler or more straightforward? :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Watching European Tractor Pulling on Youview channel 71 now 
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    zulu17 said:

Watching European Tractor Pulling on Youview channel 71 now 

I fancy that Massey-Ferguson in red, phwooarr, when I'm out on the pull.....
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 12:57PM
    redchiz said:

Ha-ha, your logic as ever leaves me speechless in admiration!