God TV - Channel 235

Darren BrownDarren Brown Member Posts: 2
edited 1 July 2017, 8:46PM in Archived Posts
Hi all!

I'm not able to get this channel. The God TV site states that I need to have at least a 2mb connection which I have, and also arial reception, again which I have. It also states that I need a compatible device yet it is showing on my listings. Is anyone else able to get this on Youview? The channel no is 235. I recognise that not everyone is interested in getting this which is ok! Would greatly appreciate others' assistance if possible however... thank you so much all in advance! :)

Darren & Ingke.

Comments

• edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    When I select channel 235, I get a welcome message from GOD TV.
    But it says "You do not have a compatible Freeview HD device."

The epg (i.e. YouView guide) also displays all the programmes.

I'm using the TalkTalk Huawei YouView box.

I hope this helps.
  • drhowellsdrhowells Member Posts: 634 ✭✭
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    The Youview boxes cannot currently access these channels. I think the plan is for next year some time.
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    maybe god tv wasent in his divine plan, you know with advertising etc going right against that part about selling all your possessions and following him but meh whichever page floats your boat
    edited 20 December 2016, 5:21PM
    Madcotto said:

maybe god tv wasent in his divine plan, you know with advertising etc going right against that part about selling all your possessions and following him but meh whichever page floats your boat

"maybe god tv wasent in his divine plan" - Are you talking about Lord Sugar? :)
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 11 December 2012, 4:23PM
    Madcotto said:

idk there so many Lords and this book has no answers, help me jeebus
  • Leslie MacaulayLeslie Macaulay Member Posts: 4
    edited 5 October 2013, 1:16PM
    gwatuk said:

When I select channel 235, I get a welcome message from GOD TV.
    But it says "You do not have a compatible Freeview HD device."

The epg (i.e. YouView guide) also displays all the programmes.

I'm using the TalkTalk Huawei YouView box.

I hope this helps.

I get the same, but would like to know how to initialize any Ethernet cable channel
    edited 5 October 2013, 1:16PM
    Madcotto said:

no need for sarcasm
    edited 5 October 2013, 1:17PM
    drhowells said:

The Youview boxes cannot currently access these channels. I think the plan is for next year some time.

what is your source of info, please?
    edited 5 October 2013, 1:21PM
    Madcotto said:

Please keep to the technicalities all you who have not been helpful. Thanks>
  • Darren BrownDarren Brown Member Posts: 2
    edited 15 March 2016, 8:22AM
    Madcotto said:

I agree that it's not good regarding some Christians in the public eye getting rich off people, but I recognise that the station needs to find the funding to continue to run successfully so I don't mind the adverts too much. I also agree with Leslie that this thread needs to stay on the subject and technical info should only be focused on here.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Here is a list of the compatible hardware devices that can get this service, but it ain't much -

Compatible devices

TVs:
    Samsung ES6300 (inches 32, 37, 40, 46, 50, 55, 60)
    Sony KDL Series KDL753 (inches 32, 40, 46, 55)
    Sony KDL Series KDL853 (inches 40, 46, 55)

Set top boxes:
    Freeview Set Top Boxes

Echostar HDT-610R

Device compatibility

Even though devices approved with the Freeview HD certificate should work with all new channels that use Internet connection, we have found some compatibility issues. Device manufacturers are constantly working to make more of their devices compatible by offering software and firmware updates.

http://www.god.tv/freeview
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DM2DM2 Member Posts: 475 ✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 5:12PM
    YouView, along with other TV services leveraging the Digital Terrestrial Television platform (including BT Vision, Top-Up TV, Virgin Media V boxes ...and of course Freeview), shares a common line up of channels & numbers mandated and curated by Digital UK.

This does not however dictate that all channels are equally available across all TV services - Some are unique to Top-Up TV or BT Vision, whilst others are unique to Freeview HD.

God TV is among a bunch of channels allocated to the 200-range and streamed to the Freeview HD service over the internet:

(Source: Summer 2013 Freeview channel guide)

...Further content streamed to Freeview HD is accessible via red button portals, such as a number of music channels appended to 4 Music on channel 18.

Freeview have chosen a specific mechanism to enable content delivery via the internet (MHEG-IC), and mandated that mechanism into the specification for new devices bearing Freeview HD certification in 2011.

YouView is not a Freeview HD-certified service, so is not bound to their requirements. YouView does not support channels delivered via MHEG-IC.

Much as "hoover" became a common moniker for all vacuum cleaners regardless of manufacturer, "Freeview" seems to have become a cover-all term for DTT services ...technically this is boggy ground though, given their differences.

Of course YouView has its own approach to internet-delivered channels, aiming to deliver functionality beyond that available via Freeview HD (such as recording), but it's early days here ...time will tell what's in store.
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Top Up TV is sadly to be no more...

http://www.a516digital.com/2013/09/to...

http://www.a516digital.com/2013/09/q-...

Sorry for going off-topic.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    I was indoctrinated to the effect that God was all-seeing and all-knowing. But he can't even get a TV channel to work. Says it all, really.
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Member Posts: 772
    edited 5 October 2013, 9:42PM
    DM2 said:

YouView, along with other TV services leveraging the Digital Terrestrial Television platform (including BT Vision, Top-Up TV, Virgin Media V boxes ...and of course Freeview), shares a common line up of channels & numbers mandated and curated by Digital UK.

This does not however dictate that all channels are equally available across all TV services - Some are unique to Top-Up TV or BT Vision, whilst others are unique to Freeview HD.

God TV is among a bunch of channels allocated to the 200-range and streamed to the Freeview HD service over the internet:

...Further content streamed to Freeview HD is accessible via red button portals, such as a number of music channels appended to 4 Music on channel 18.

Freeview have chosen a specific mechanism to enable content delivery via the internet (MHEG-IC), and mandated that mechanism into the specification for new devices bearing Freeview HD certification in 2011.

YouView is not a Freeview HD-certified service, so is not bound to their requirements. YouView does not support channels delivered via MHEG-IC.

Much as "hoover" became a common moniker for all vacuum cleaners regardless of manufacturer, "Freeview" seems to have become a cover-all term for DTT services ...technically this is boggy ground though, given their differences.

Of course YouView has its own approach to internet-delivered channels, aiming to deliver functionality beyond that available via Freeview HD (such as recording), but it's early days here ...time will tell what's in store.

The YouView technical specification for launch says that boxes should support MHEG-IC, but as we all know it is one of those things YouView haven't gotten around to yet.
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 8:24AM
    drhowells said:

I'd like to know that too.
    DM2 said:

Or if indeed they ever will. From the last response on the subject they Piers kinda suggested if channels don't supply it in the format Youview wants it, then tough.
    drhowells said:

I wrote that over 10 months ago..... At the time I am pretty sure there was information around about it. No idea now.
  • JamesBJamesB Member Posts: 841
    edited 31 March 2014, 10:11AM
    drhowells said:

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    Hi guys, God TV was actually removed from the EPG (it was channel 235) last month which is why it can no longer be seen.

Phil
  • Susan BratchieSusan Bratchie Member Posts: 5
    edited 2 July 2014, 9:39PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi guys, God TV was actually removed from the EPG (it was channel 235) last month which is why it can no longer be seen.

Phil

can anyone say why it was removed?  It is a very popular channel and irrespective of sarky remarks from those that have no interest (as is there choice) it is a very popular channel and could lose BT custom to Freeview and Sky, I know I am very disappointed after coming over from SKY to find it unavailable...I really should have checked before coming to BT..

Phil8 said:

Phil

Whilst it does say removed above, it has never actually been available on the YouView box. YouView have not enabled this, and the other streamed, channels (yet?)
    Phil8 said:

Phil

I don't think Youview will ever be supporting MHEG-IC channels by the looks of things. 
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

No, it doesn't. MHEG-IC already looks like a dead end technology. But to answer Susans question above, God TV removed themselves from the EPG (Freeview). But you can still get it online.

http://www.god.tv/live/uk

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

So you think YouView has a clever strategy of sitting tight until all the Connected channels currently gaily broadcasting on Freeview, but quite inaccessible to YouView boxes, realise the error of their ways and shamefacedly come into line with YouView?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Phil8 said:

Phil

No, basically Youview can't be bothered to implement their own spec requirements is my opinion and its not what the ISP's want so gets no traction. MHEG-IC channels will be around for a while regardless of who thinks its a dead technology for the future. I wonder if Freeview Connect will support MHEG-IC to be backwards compatible with Freeview HD. I am guessing it will probably.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 3 July 2014, 12:11PM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

The suggestions I have seen appear to be focusing on HbbTv compatibility for YouView boxes. The BBC seem to be looking to MPEG-DASH to deliver IPTV services in future - they are using it in the current UHDTV trial alongside the DVB-T2/H.265 broadcast version.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 3 July 2014, 1:11PM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

The suggestions I have seen appear to be focusing on HbbTv compatibility for YouView boxes. The BBC seem to be looking to MPEG-DASH to deliver IPTV services in future - they are using it in the current UHDTV trial alongside the DVB-T2/H.265 broadcast version.
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

Yes, thats what I've seen reported too. Freeview Connect wants to focus around HTML5, making them compatible with both Freetime and YouView platforms. Arqiva is resistant to this wanting them instead to back MHEG-IC, but none of the broadcasters believe in it. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/10909628/BB...
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Phil8 said:

Phil

Are you saying God is dead?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris