[Discussion] Automatic Software Update for October 2014 which includes Connected Red Button

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Administrator Posts: 1,040 admin
edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM in Announcements
Please feel free to discuss the Automatic Software Update October 2014 which includes Connected Red Button in this thread.

Comments

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Thanks for announcing this Phil, and thanks of course to those that have actually done the technical work. Thanks also for the more detailed update announcement notes on the YouView website :)

Phil can you confirm this update is for all Humax box, i.e. the T1000, T1010, T2000, T2100, T2110 as although the announcement starts by saying Humax retail and BT boxes the details end by only giving version numbers for the T1000, T1010 and T2000, i.e. no explicit mention of T2100 and T2110.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 8:32AM
    I can confirm my BT supplied T2100 is now updated to the 20.9.0 software

Credit where it's due... Well done youview.. I presume the crb utilises html5 thus allowing other players in the future :)
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM
    OMG!! Can't wait to try this out. But can't update my box still after it's finished recording at 10pm!
    It even seems to have fixed the red recording light showing even when the box is off (T2100). Woohoo
  • radoxradox Member Posts: 62
    edited 23 October 2014, 8:35PM
    It's a good update. Some nice new features.

Stuart
  • parneyparney Member Posts: 89
    edited 23 October 2014, 8:46PM
    Nice update. Thank you for the much improved release notes as well.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,889 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    scott said:

It even seems to have fixed the red recording light showing even when the box is off (T2100). Woohoo

Yes, the more detailed list that Keith refers to above lists this as a fix. Good to have it confirmed, though.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • Nick WirralNick Wirral Member Posts: 4
    Will TalkTalk Youview follow soon?
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM
    scott said:

I read that as meaning the 'rec' image on the T1000 boxes that went haywire with one of the updates,
    I am talking about the red recording light that only came on when the box was on, it now comes on even when the box is in standby (T2xxx only)....but all the same...

Will TalkTalk Youview follow soon?

Probably at some time. I think BT was pushing hard for this because they want to announce their Netflix tie up.
    scott said:

I can confirm my BT supplied T2100 is now updated to the 20.9.0 software

Credit where it's due... Well done youview.. I presume the crb utilises html5 thus allowing other players in the future :)

Good to see it would also appear all generations of both retail and BT boxes are now on exactly the same software build (been a while, if ever, that happened).
  • DuvetManDuvetMan Member Posts: 75
    edited 24 October 2014, 6:38PM
    Thank you Youview
    OMG! Just installed the update and testing it right now. Loving it so far! Well done YouView for getting this working at long last!
    edited 24 October 2014, 12:08AM
    scott said:

Still got the "REC" bug on my box. It says on the LED display "REC" but it's not recording  anything at all.
  • Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Member Posts: 367
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:20PM
    Great update....  But I notice the Connected red button is a beta version.  
  • MattManMattMan Member Posts: 277
    edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM
    Red button good idea but takes to long to load the page, also iplayer did not work first time after update.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Administrator Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    Keith1 said:

Thanks for announcing this Phil, and thanks of course to those that have actually done the technical work. Thanks also for the more detailed update announcement notes on the YouView website :)

Phil can you confirm this update is for all Humax box, i.e. the T1000, T1010, T2000, T2100, T2110 as although the announcement starts by saying Humax retail and BT boxes the details end by only giving version numbers for the T1000, T1010 and T2000, i.e. no explicit mention of T2100 and T2110.

Hi Keith,

The T2100 models will also be receiving the software in this current roll-out. The T2110 will receive the software at a slightly later date. I will update when I know of plan for the remaining box models.

Thanks,

Phil
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭
    Really annoying when you are one of the ones still waiting! *stamps foot*

Don't quite understand the reference to Netflix though, would scott or others mind explaining, please?
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    I'm looking forward to checking this update out. Unfortunately it sounds like I need to unhide an SD BBC channel first.
    scott said:

Hi Gordon,

What model YouView box do you have? Have you tried setting a recording to see what happens?

Let me know if this is still an issue and I will feed it back to our tech team.

Phil
  • David8David8 Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Don't seem to have this update available on my retail box DTR 1000 I think.
    edited 24 October 2014, 12:02PM
    scott said:

After leaving the box on standby over night. The REC now only shows, when it's recording :)

So think it's been fixed!
    edited 24 October 2014, 12:45PM
    redchiz said:

Don't quite understand the reference to Netflix though, would scott or others mind explaining, please?

There are lots of rumours going around that Netflix is coming to BT as part of a bundle, but requires the development work thats gone into this update to achieve this (HMTL5/Unicast)
  • JoeJoe Member, Super User Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    Well done on the substantial update. I like the 30 day catch up on iplayer. Connected red button is interesting, it does seem slow to load though( maybe I need a new faster Youview box?) I wonder whether having another way of accessing catchup content on top of the youview system is sensible, or could it confuse the average user? Nice to have access to bbc news app/ sport app/ weather app. However big shame about the removal of bbc radio catch up content. Will there be a replacement for this?
  • JoeJoe Member, Super User Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    Shame no there's no red button on hd channels. I thought perhaps that this might be applied with the update.
    edited 24 October 2014, 1:18PM
    Joe2 said:

Shame no there's no red button on hd channels. I thought perhaps that this might be applied with the update.

I think this is a limitation of BBC rather than it being under YouView's control
    Joe2 said:

Well done on the substantial update. I like the 30 day catch up on iplayer. Connected red button is interesting, it does seem slow to load though( maybe I need a new faster Youview box?) I wonder whether having another way of accessing catchup content on top of the youview system is sensible, or could it confuse the average user? Nice to have access to bbc news app/ sport app/ weather app. However big shame about the removal of bbc radio catch up content. Will there be a replacement for this?

Hi Joe,

A bit more information on the removal of radio from iPlayer can be found at the following link. There is also information about how you can access radio content.
    redchiz said:

Spot on parney. BT have also withdrawn it's TV boxset and film bolt on ready for its new entertainment proposition... They have also said a new content partner will be joining in November. Whether netflix will be a BT proposition or a youview proposition (has also been heavily hinted at) we will just have to wait but I suspect the latter.
  • majonesmajones Member Posts: 79
    edited 17 June 2015, 4:16PM
    Joe2 said:

There won't be a replacement for radio catchup within iplayer. Radio now features within a separate app called "iplayer radio" - not sure if this is scheduled for inclusion with YouView. 
  • James LostJames Lost Member Posts: 111
    edited 27 October 2014, 11:39AM
    Joe2 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/faqs/freeview_hd_red_button