netflix no sound

Dave000Dave000 Member Posts: 5
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
I have a problem with the netflix on my youview dtr-t2100 box... Visually great however no sound at all...all other on demand services have sound and i have used netflix via my ps3 on the same tv with no issues. Both ps3 and youview box connected to tv via hdmi. Tried the tv audio settings no help on the netflix while playing a movie the audio selected is english stereo with no option to change it. I need help here please.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi Dave000

I've not met this issue. Things to try:-

Soft reset of YouView box; touch the standby button for just over eight seconds, let the box reboot, see if that fixes it.

Try a manual Update of the Players; maybe that will have some effect.

There are more drastic possible cures (Maintenance Mode) but I wouldn't try them unless advised to by the YouView helpline, which is what you should call if the above remedies do not work.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • roger1roger1 Member Posts: 69
    edited 8 November 2014, 10:43PM
    There was a suggestion that a poor or non existent aerial connection may be connected to the loss of sound with demand players such as iPlayer. If you aerial is fine a call to the help line as Roy suggests would be the best action.
    Same problem, different player, just reported :-

https://community.youview.com/youview...
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Michael Alan RobertsMichael Alan Roberts Member Posts: 9
    edited 9 November 2014, 1:45PM
    I Have had this issue too with Netflix player. A soft reset restored sound.
  • Dave000Dave000 Member Posts: 5
    edited 9 November 2014, 3:05PM
    Will try soft reset and let you know
  • Alexandra BaronAlexandra Baron Member Posts: 1
    edited 14 November 2014, 3:03PM
    I have the same issue but a soft reset doesn't work to fix it
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    Hi Alexandra,

You may experience an issue with no sound on Netflix if you start your box up without an aerial plugged in, or there is an issue with the aerial receiving a good signal. It might be worth checking the aerial connection to see if this firmly connected. When it is, attempt a re tune of your YouView box and check if you are receiving sound in Netflix.

Let me know how you get on,

Thanks,

Phil
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience an issue with no sound on Netflix if you start your box up without an aerial plugged in, or there is an issue with the aerial receiving a good signal. It might be worth checking the aerial connection to see if this firmly connected. When it is, attempt a re tune of your YouView box and check if you are receiving sound in Netflix.

Thanks,

Phil

Why does a non-regional Internet-delivered service require an aerial connection?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Roy,

We are aware of an issue affecting the HTML based players where if an aerial is not connected then audio may be absent on content playback.

This doesn't happen in every circumstance but we are working on a fix which will be made available with a future release which will fix this.
    Phil8 said:

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks,

Phil

Thanks Phil

Reason I particularly ask is I was planning to install my shiny new T2000 YouView box here, and take the T1000 out to Spain to watch the many hours of stored recordings it holds. I was planning this would be sin aerial, sin Ethernet, con HDMI only.

But I'd like to hear the sound on the recordings; so is this likely to fail? Or are recordings safe from this issue?

I have an aerial socket in the apartment in Spain, and we can get Spanish digital TV on it which is compatible with UK SD; would the reassuring hum of this soothe the YouView box, or is it looking for one or more UK transmissions particularly?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Roy - Didn't know you had a nice new T2000 ;-)

With the T1000 your planning on taking to Spain, your recordings shouldn't be affected by this issue, so you wouldn't need to attach an aerial cable to the box when you get there. 
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexandra - Has Phil's suggestion helped?

Dave - Did a soft reset work for you? If not, have you tried Phil's suggestion above?
  • Dave000Dave000 Member Posts: 5
    edited 18 November 2014, 8:33AM
    Soft reset hasnt helped will try the aerial thing later.
    Phil8 said:

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks,

Phil

:-)

Thanks for the reassurance.
  • Adam8Adam8 Member Posts: 1
    edited 11 March 2015, 9:28PM
    Sanj said:

Dave - Did a soft reset work for you? If not, have you tried Phil's suggestion above?

Hello Youview

The sound has also disappeared on Netflix for me on Youview – at the same time as I have lost all Freeview channels due to O2 installing a 4G mast next to my house. I've been promised a filter to resolve the Freeview problem, but as it's going to take up to five days to arrive, I wondered whether there's any fix for the Netflix issue as yet. Especially as there's a new episode of Better Call Saul to watch...

Thanks, Adam
    Sanj said:

If you have an indoor aerial knocking about, try using that on your YouView box and retuning. Might slide under the 4G radar and tune enough channels to restore NetFlix audio. Might.