Netflix on TalkTalk

Nick WirralNick Wirral Member Posts: 4
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Just received email confirming Netflix will start to be rolled out to TalkTalk boxes from January 16th.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,889 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Curious.

On Humax boxes this requires you to download an update that gives many people the '3 minutes recording' problem, for which YouView have still not found a fix.

Does your email indicate if this will be a player update only, or do you also get gifted this poisoned chalice of a software update?
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • Nick WirralNick Wirral Member Posts: 4
    edited 9 January 2015, 8:33PM
    It just says "Just give us your details by clicking the link above, and we’ll automatically update your YouView TV box with Netflix on 16th January."
  • AshAsh Member Posts: 264
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    @roy and @youview
    I have never had a problem with recording . (not since the update in feb 2014.) I use a Humax box.  DTR1010 non BT or TT. 
    1. my box is always in high eco mode so it more or less reboots every time it is used.
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Ash4 said:

@roy and @youview
    I have never had a problem with recording . (not since the update in feb 2014.) I use a Humax box.  DTR1010 non BT or TT. 

1. my box is always in high eco mode so it more or less reboots every time it is used.
    Ash, I don't have this issue either, but following the October update, quite a number of people do.

The possibility of being affected by it, until YouView come up with the cure they have been struggling in vain to find for over two months, should give anyone offered a software update pause for thought.

I think a Player update would be harmless enough, but I understood that TalkTalk boxes would need a software update in order to be compatible with the NetFlix player.
  • AshAsh Member Posts: 264
    edited 25 November 2016, 3:38PM
    Ash4 said:

@roy and @youview

@roy yes that is correct they do need a software update 
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Ash4 said:

@roy and @youview

In which case, I hope they are certain this is not a case of 'Roll up, roll up, for a game of YouView roulette' :-(