Series Record.

johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
since CBS Action moved to channel 64 it does not seem to accept series record, i can record a single episode Startrek Next Generation but no series record, is it just me or is this a general problem.

Comments

• StevieboyStevieboy Member Posts: 51
    edited 29 January 2017, 9:41PM
    I had Dexter on Series record and it was working ok the last couple of weeks. I just went in and checked my Scheduled Recordings and it's not listed. Re-added it and was not given the option to record the series.
  • StevieboyStevieboy Member Posts: 51
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Interestingly, if you set to record something on CBS Action as an Internet Channel, rather than Freeview, it gives the option to do Series record.
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭
    Series record also doesn't work on the hd community channel. They must lose lots of other forgetful viewers.
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited 25 January 2017, 1:56PM
    As of today series record now appears to be working.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Hi Johnny,

i wanted to check with you if series recording is still working for you on CBS Action? If you are still having a problem we can raise this from our side.

Thanks,

Phil
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 11:49AM
    When I looked at programme guide on a non Youview box a few days ago the EPG for CBS action was not populated with either programme or series CRIDS. it is now. Al commented on Community HD ....that channel doesn't seem to utilise program or series CRIDS in its EPG listing. I suspect that is why the series records at the time didn't register as I imagine Youview had the same EPG data. should Youview be monitoring its Freeview channel EPG data to ensure that all channels provide CRIDS
    All seems OK Phil thank you.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    zulu17 said:-

Should Youview be monitoring its Freeview channel EPG data to ensure that all channels provide CRIDS?

No, Freeview should. It is a requirement of being on Freeview, after all.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    al said:

Series record also doesn't work on the hd community channel. They must lose lots of other forgetful viewers.

Hi al - Thanks for highlighting this. Community Channel HD (109) has stopped broadcasting on this channel since the 13th March. If you go on the channel you'll see a message re-directing you to channel 63 to watch and record programmes from the Community Channel. 

At the moment the Community Channel doesn't provide any series CRIDS so there is no series record option. 

The best thing for you to do here is contact Community Channel directly about this at [email protected]
    Stevieboy said:

Interestingly, if you set to record something on CBS Action as an Internet Channel, rather than Freeview, it gives the option to do Series record.

Hi Stevieboy - are you still unable to set series records on CBS Action (freeview)?
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM
    al said:

Hi Sanj,
    Yes, I retuned after the upscaled "HD" channel disappeared.

I had previously contacted them about the CRIDS and their answer was effectively "Hey, we're lucky to be here at all!" - They don't have the funds to offer this support.

So the way the youview recording system works will never be a good match for this channel. Which is a shame; as I mentioned above I keep forgetting to manually set the recordings.
    edited 1 April 2015, 4:52PM

series record not working again on cbs action (anything to do with recent update)?

Hi Johnnyshank - I've tested this in the office on a box with the latest software and have been able to set series records successfully . You might want to try re-tuning your channels. 

To Re-Tune your channels, press the YouView button > Settings > TV Signal & Quality > Re-Tune channels.