[Discussion] Automatic Software Update June 2015

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 7 September 2017, 6:40PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Please feel free to discuss the Automatic Software Update June 2015 in the thread here.

Phil

Comments

• Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Posts: 367Member
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:20PM
    Hi Phil, What are the minor fixes ?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:20PM
    Hi OWD,

Some back-end changes including improved metadata loading into the Guide. These changes will not result in any noticeable difference when using the box.

Phil
  • Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Posts: 367Member
    edited 11 December 2016, 11:58AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi OWD,

Some back-end changes including improved metadata loading into the Guide. These changes will not result in any noticeable difference when using the box.

Phil

Hi Phil, 
    Thanks for the info.. I take it BT will implement these fixes at a later date ? 
  • JAYJAY Posts: 8Member
    edited 24 June 2015, 6:50PM
    Cool, thanks Phil !
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,009Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Just tried installing new update and the Youview box has failed to restart. It says 100% complete with the message" restarting " under the progress bar. It appears to have frozen, though I still have mini TV picture playing in the corner.

Is it save to do a soft restart? .... Nervously pondering my options...eek...do I cut the blue or red wire?
    edited 24 June 2015, 8:29PM
    Joe2 said:

Just tried installing new update and the Youview box has failed to restart. It says 100% complete with the message" restarting " under the progress bar. It appears to have frozen, though I still have mini TV picture playing in the corner.

Is it save to do a soft restart? .... Nervously pondering my options...eek...do I cut the blue or red wire?

Don't panic all at once! It's ok, I've resolved it with a soft reboot.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    Joe2 said:

I wonder where the tipping point is that the improvement for the many of a software upgrade is balanced by the calamities faced by the few during the upgrade.

With a few minor backend changes being all we gain, it must be quite close, on this upgrade :-)
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    It would be nice if you could eke out a bit more performance on the T1000/T1010.
  • Derek DolmanDerek Dolman Posts: 21Member
    Is there any way I can find out when I received the update? My settings are in line with those given in the update info. I wonder if it is the cause of my yvm302 problems (see separate post) which started on about 21st June.

Is there any way I can find out when I received the update? My settings are in line with those given in the update info. I wonder if it is the cause of my yvm302 problems (see separate post) which started on about 21st June.

I think the date the box updated is shown against the update entry in Settings, rather than the date it was released?
    edited 27 June 2015, 2:35PM

Yes doesn't it say something along the lines of" last updated on ..."?
  • Ronald KearleyRonald Kearley Posts: 14Member
    Why cannot I record an entire program from the Drama channel? Start or end or start and end doesn't  record. "Archangel" last night had the end missing. Never got an entire episode of "The Bill". Unacceptable after forking out £200+ for a PVR.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,936Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM

Alternatively you could hazard that the update is unlikely to have reached your box three days in advance of being announced on here.

Ante hoc ergo propter hoc?

Indeed.

Why cannot I record an entire program from the Drama channel? Start or end or start and end doesn't  record. "Archangel" last night had the end missing. Never got an entire episode of "The Bill". Unacceptable after forking out £200+ for a PVR.

https://community.youview.com/youview...
  • Derek DolmanDerek Dolman Posts: 21Member
    edited 29 June 2015, 2:27PM

What? I didn't do Greek at school.

I can tell. That is Latin. Greek looks like:-
    Ω σκατά! Εμείς έχω αθετήσει, και τώρα θα πρέπει να φύγει από το ευρώ
    edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM
    Anybody else not had this update yet?
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 277Member
    edited 22 June 2016, 4:23PM
    redchiz said:

Thanks for reminding me I will look tonight, updates never bring anything new so just forget there has been one.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 950Member ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2016, 10:35PM
    redchiz said:

Yet to receive it on my retail DTRT1000
    redchiz said:

Thanks for that zulu, I just wanted to know that I was not alone!
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Update has come through now on my DTR-T1000 and all seems well. 
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    redchiz said:

Thanks for the update redchiz
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    redchiz said:

My replacement T1010 is on the old version but working flawlessly at the moment. I hope the update doesn't screw it up. :)
  • DavidKDavidK Posts: 24Member
    edited 7 September 2017, 6:40PM
    Ever since my DT1000 upgraded to this level on Friday, it keeps losing all its TV channels when turned off for a time (amount seems to be variable - a few minutes to a few hours).  With no channels, it can't record anything!  I have done a Factory Reset (keep recordings) and also redownloaded the software from the internet whilst in Maintenance Mode.

How can I get the previous version to install via USB in Maintenance Mode?
    DavidK said:

Ever since my DT1000 upgraded to this level on Friday, it keeps losing all its TV channels when turned off for a time (amount seems to be variable - a few minutes to a few hours).  With no channels, it can't record anything!  I have done a Factory Reset (keep recordings) and also redownloaded the software from the internet whilst in Maintenance Mode.

Hi David - Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. You can't re-install a previous version of the software but we can try and resolve the issue for you here. 

There's a few things we should start with. Can you let me know:
    • Software Versions (settings > system information > software versions)
    • When turning the box off, are you putting it into standby or turning the power off from the back or the wall?
    • Have you checked your aerial lead is securely connected?
    • Have you tried soft rebooting your YouView box? (press & hold the standby button on the YouView box for 8 seconds, then let go. The box will then restart itself).
    edited 16 July 2015, 10:28PM
    DavidK said:

I thought I had replied earlier but it seems not to have got here.  Luckily, I kept a copy....

Sanj,

Thank you for replying.

The answers to your question are:
    1. Manufacturer S/W: 21.30.50; Component S/W: 2.9.34; Platform Config: 1393; ISP Config: 84
    2. Standby – ECO mode is set to High
    3. Yes!
    4. Yes!

The Device Information is: Model: DTRT1000; Variant: 80807000

I don't see why I can't install the previous version.  It has a USB port, which can’t be used for anything useful i.e. backing up my recorded programmes so that I could do a full Factory Reset and then restore them!  I have already done a Factory Reset (keep recordings) and so I have no problem doing another with the previous software version as long as I can keep all the recordings.

To be quite honest, this has been a nightmare of a box. We already had 2 PVR-9300Ts when they decided to start losing their recording schedules (not TV channels) every couple of months or so (and randomly i.e. not at the same time either) and so decided to get this box so that we could record HD.  After 10 months, the HDMI connection to the TV decided not to work every time.  Sometimes it did, mostly it either didn’t or showed a pink picture with no sound so that now we nearly always use the AV connection as my TV doesn’t have SCART.  Now this!  It is really becoming an expensive door stop.  Luckily, we still have the 2 PVR-9300Ts to record programmes – as long as we check weekly that they haven’t lost their schedules!

David
    edited 16 July 2015, 10:29PM
    DavidK said:

PS. My update above worked using Firefox but just wouldn't using Chrome!
    DavidK said:

Thanks for replying David, good thing you did keep a copy. When the channels are lost after coming out of standby, how are you able to recover them, is this through a re-tune or by turning the box off then on?

Also when tuning your channels do you get a choice of regions or does the channel scan automatically complete?

The HDMI issue you mentioned sounds similar to an issue we are investigating with Humax YouView boxes. Are you still unable to use the HDMI output?