yvm302 problem

2»

Comments

• Derek DolmanDerek Dolman Posts: 21Member
    edited 3 July 2015, 11:07AM
    stormy said:

My box came up with this error today *sigh*. Checked the cable by the fact the TV is using the pass through on the Youview box which is fine.

Soft restart didn't work.

Just trying a retune now. (Which seems to have worked but for how long?)

And its deleted all the scheduled recordings again. FFS

All I can say is that in my case "zipped" is correct. Once I receive the YM302 message "your TV signal is weak or lost" and acknowledge it, if I then retune it zips through from 0 to 99% in 10 seconds and then takes another 15 seconds to tell me it could find no channels. When I restart the box it then tells me that I haven't tuned any channels. Roy, presumably your no aerial retune is taking two minutes to tell you the same thing, i.e. it couldn't find any channels? Does it delete your previously tuned channels?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    stormy said:

My box came up with this error today *sigh*. Checked the cable by the fact the TV is using the pass through on the Youview box which is fine.

Hi Derek

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was doubting you for a moment; just acknowledging the difference between your experience, which I think is anomalous, and mine which I think is normal :-(

And yes, it is taking two minutes, and then telling me it couldn't find any channels, and yes it is deleting the ones that were there before.

An interesting fact, perhaps, is that on the aerial-less, channel-less YouView box that results, attempts to go into Settings are met with 'Loading', but the settings never load, and you have to back out.

This may or may not have some bearing on those who have been reporting this issue recently, though I think some of them still had channels tuned.

Once I have a channel or three, though, I can go into Settings again perfectly well.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    stormy said:

This is very odd as with no channels (YMV302 "no channels, or you might have hidden them" banner on boot) I could always click ok and go into the settings no problem on mine Roy.
    edited 3 July 2015, 5:34PM
    stormy said:

My experience is exactly the same as stormy's. Even when the box is reporting the yvm302 problem and I have attempted to retune and ended up with no channels, I can still access settings and (once I have switched the box off at the socket, waited for a minute, switched back on again which usually restores the signal temporarily) carry out a retune to restore the channels. This takes about 3 minutes. Mine's a retail T1010 bought in December 2013. Perhaps the T1000 behaves differently.
    stormy said:

Sorry folks, I mis-spoke :-(

The inability to reach Settings was when the box had a full complement of channels, but no aerial connected. The box has been in storage for a while, from at least before Xmas last, and I had just unmothballed it.

I was trying to get it connected to the Internet without plugging in an aerial, as I did not have a long enough wire (and not much idea of what the box would make of what was coming down the wire even if I did, of which more later), and it would not let me into Settings under those circumstances.

It should be easy to replicate this on a healthy box (or even perhaps a sick one) by pulling the aerial cable and seeing if you can still reach Settings; if so, then switching off at the back and switching it on again with no aerial connected should more exactly replicate my starting state, to see if Settings then becomes unreachable.

If so, and this is not just a glitch in my box, we will need to ask Sanj if this is a bug or a design decision.
    stormy said:

When mine goes Pete Tong, which is often now I get this. It did it last night also, must be the third time its done it now. I can get into the Settings, no problem as per the on screen instructions. This is with no channels tuned and no guide available. Definitely a faulty box hence why Humax are replacing it on Friday.

stormy said:

The box does seem to know the difference between 'no channels tuned,' and 'no aerial connected'.

So it must be sniffing the signal all the time, I guess,
    edited 11 July 2015, 10:20AM
    stormy said:

Roy, I just replicated your starting state, i.e. pulled the aerial, switched off at back, waited a couple of minutes, switched on again, powered up.  Of course, it's displaying the yvm302 message (legitimately now as there's no aerial connected) but I can still access all the settings menu.  Doesn't seem to be any difference between "no channels tuned" and "no aerial connected", or indeed between aerial connected and the box wrongly displaying the yvm302 message. In all cases, I'm able to acess the settings menu and watch on demand services via the internet connection.
    edited 11 July 2015, 10:20AM
    stormy said:

Roy, I just replicated your starting state, i.e. pulled the aerial, switched off at back, waited a couple of minutes, switched on again, powered up.  Of course, it's displaying the yvm302 message (legitimately now as there's no aerial connected) but I can still access all the settings menu.  Doesn't seem to be any difference between "no channels tuned" and "no aerial connected", or indeed between aerial connected and the box wrongly displaying the yvm302 message. In all cases, I'm able to acess the settings menu and watch on demand services via the internet connection.
    stormy said:

Replacement box seems to have fixed this problem for me although it's on the old software version so not convinced yet. Time will tell.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,942Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM
    stormy said:

Fingers crossed, good luck.