Recording BBC 2 SD prompts for HD version. Recording C4 SD does not?

stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
Just noticed this on my replacement T1010 (on third box now).

When picking to record on BBC2 the box notifies me that a HD version is available. Doing this on C4 does not prompt for the HD version.

Any ideas why?

Comments

• SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Hi Stormy - Good question. For the YouView box to offer this notification it needs certain information to be included in the metadata sent by the broadcaster for that programme. 
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Is it possible C4 can be asked to add that information by Youview unless Youview can do it?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:57PM
    stormy said:

Is it possible C4 can be asked to add that information by Youview unless Youview can do it?

I'll certainly pass the request on. 
    edited 1 December 2016, 8:24AM
    stormy said:

Thanks.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 10 July 2015, 1:49PM
    stormy said:

I think you will find it is as San said but let me put ii in simpler terms. BBC One ( especially) and BBC Two have slightly different programming on the SD and HD versions. They include what are sometimes called 'HD flags' in the transmitted data when the two versions are the same.

Some boxes like the Technika can be set to change to the HD version automatically. Very useful if you are in the habit of watching local news so you don't have to change channels manually.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    stormy said:

Can a YouView be set to change automatically?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • NickNick Member Posts: 594
    edited 3 March 2017, 5:12PM
    I've been asking about this for months.. don't hold your breath as Youview aren't serious about getting their basic meta data problems fixed.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,658 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM
    stormy said:

I see no Setting for this :-(

But what I do see is very odd, given the above; every single Channel4 programme I have looked at on the YouView app has an 'Also On' entry for the HD version

Always assuming that Sanj and C4 haven't both moved like lightning in the last two days, possibly even in the length of a single breath (!), how is that done, such that the app has the required info and the box doesn't?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    stormy said:

Much like the App having a "film" flag when the box does not. I suspect they can and do, do much more with that App.
    Nick4 said:

I've been asking about this for months.. don't hold your breath as Youview aren't serious about getting their basic meta data problems fixed.

Yeh. :(