June Software issue with vanishing Scheduled Recordings & Failed Recordings

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    David22 said:

Bit late to this one but I've got very similar intermittent issues: no channels, blank recording schedule, failed recordings (multiple attempts), etc. After retuning, hidden channels are still hidden and the schedule eventually returns.

I'm running in High-Eco mode.
    I live in the Lincs area and have a choice of two transmitters.

David.

Low Eco mode is reputed to hold this off until the fix rolls out.

Trouble is, you don't know until it arrives what the next update is going to break..... :-)
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • David22David22 Member Posts: 7
    edited 22 August 2015, 12:49PM
    David22 said:

Bit late to this one but I've got very similar intermittent issues: no channels, blank recording schedule, failed recordings (multiple attempts), etc. After retuning, hidden channels are still hidden and the schedule eventually returns.

David.

Thanks...will give it a go.
  • Colino GreenColino Green Member Posts: 27
    edited 23 August 2015, 12:52PM
    David22 said:

David.

Can't believe this still hasn't been fixed yet. Got a replacement box due to box crashing problems from Humax a couple of weeks ago, but haven't kept it plugged in yet as the new box immediately updated itself with firmware 21.30.50.

Also, when the new firmware comes, what else is it going to break? Hideous that the last firmware was clearly not tested in High Eco mode. What do these guys who do the firmware testing think we all do? Let our boxes sit around draining 20 watts of power 24hours a day?

Until I read that this Channel messup nonsense in High Eco mode is fixed, my 2010 DigitalStream HD PVR will stay in operation. I am hoping that Youview even update the firmware so that you can control when the firmware updates. Fat chance but heres hoping!
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    David22 said:

David.

I feel your pain Colino, there was reportedly a fix 3 weeks ago internally as shown by the reply Phil posted. I guess they are testing it properly this time so as not to have a repeat performance. :)

Hopefully it will be soon. 
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    David22 said:

David.

Hi David - Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. DId you managed to change your Eco-Mode setting to low? If so, how has your box been behaving since then?

Also - It would very much appreciated if you could let us know what your software versions are on the box. To check this, go to Settings > System Information > Software Versions. Please let us know your:
    • Manufacturer Software
    • Component Software
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    Hi guys,

To update on this one, we have now finished our testing and are finalising the plan for releasing this software to boxes. Thanks again for your patience as we work towards doing this.

Phil
    edited 25 August 2015, 12:55AM
    David22 said:

David.

Hi,

Eco-Mode is now 'low'...no reoccurrence since.

MS: 21.30.50
    CS: 2.9.34

Sounds like you guys are on top of this one but don't hesitate if you need anything else.

David.
    David22 said:

David.

So this change has been rolled out under the same MS revision?
    Phil8 said:

Hi guys,

To update on this one, we have now finished our testing and are finalising the plan for releasing this software to boxes. Thanks again for your patience as we work towards doing this.

Phil

Phil, has this been automatically applied at 21.30.50 and will not require a new software revision?

I am confused as David seems to suggest so above.
    David22 said:

David.

(double post sorreh) I'll let a few more people test it before my thing gets borked again. :)
    edited 25 August 2015, 7:50AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi guys,

Phil

I didn't suggest that stormy...I just confirmed the workaround (low eco).

A new release is evidently in the works though ;)
    Phil8 said:

Hi guys,

Phil

Ahh ok I got the wrong end of the stick. :) Sorry!
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    Hi everyone,

We have unfortunately encountered an issue with some final testing on the software update which needs investigation.

As soon as more information comes available, I will update this thread

Many Thanks,

Phil
    edited 28 August 2015, 4:16PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi everyone,

We have unfortunately encountered an issue with some final testing on the software update which needs investigation.

Many Thanks,

Phil

Thanks for the update.

A found bug is a good thing!
  • JAYJAY Member Posts: 8
    edited 28 August 2015, 4:18PM
    Never mind, patience is a virtue, we can wait ! :)
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I'm sure the Kinks had a song about Keith's list of user-requested enhancements to YouView :-)
    Phil8 said:

Hi everyone,

Many Thanks,

Phil

Agreed. :)
  • Andy JWAndy JW Member Posts: 20
    edited 1 September 2015, 4:30PM
    Just to add that I have been experiencing the same / similar issues with our YouView box changing recordings between different transmitters! We are near bristol, and have been plagued by the South Wales transmitter power increase since the digital switchover (it isn't just YouView - it also affects our Panasonic  and Toshiba TVs). YouView had been pretty stable over the past year until a couple of months ago, but software update to 21.30.50, installed on 30 July 2015 seems to have made it much worse. The most annoying "feature" being when it decides to record both the BBC1 Wales and BBC1 West versions of the same program, at the expense of failing to record something else (i.e., as an example, if I set Pointless and The Chase to record, sometimes what is recorded is Pointless on BBC West and Pointless on BBC Wales, but there's a failed recording of The Chase - why?).
    There also seem to be issues in recording some of the more obscure channels - for example, the Pinkertons on Drama Channel failed on Sunday and most 5* recordings seem to fail.
    Looking forward to the promised fix!
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi all,

Thanks for your patience during the process of developing the software update, we have completed our additional testing and have found no issues with the software for release.

Therefore we have now made this software available as part of a phased roll out over the next few weeks. The software fixes a number of issues reported including:
    • An issue where scheduled High definition recordings change to Standard definition when bringing the box out of standby.
    • Some instances where recording made are lost and appear failed in the 'My View' recording menu.
    • Instances where the box starts and the message 'Can't show Live TV appears' (requiring a re-tune to return the channels).
    You can find out more about the release on our announcement thread here.

If you have any feedback on the software release please update in our discussion thread.

Thanks again for all your help,

Phil
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience during the process of developing the software update, we have completed our additional testing and have found no issues with the software for release.

Therefore we have now made this software available as part of a phased roll out over the next few weeks. The software fixes a number of issues reported including:

• An issue where scheduled High definition recordings change to Standard definition when bringing the box out of standby.
    • Some instances where recording made are lost and appear failed in the 'My View' recording menu.
    • Instances where the box starts and the message 'Can't show Live TV appears' (requiring a re-tune to return the channels).

If you have any feedback on the software release please update in our discussion thread.

Phil
    Thanks Phil.
  • Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited 18 December 2016, 10:33AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Thanks Phil,

I've just downloaded the update to my T1000. Have also just reserved Coronation Street on ITV HD (8.00pm tonight), and turned the YouView box off, (set to Hi-Eco mode). Will see if the reservation changes to SD.

Chris.
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    I await your testing with baited breath Chris, let us know how it goes! :)
  • Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited 18 December 2016, 10:33AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Hi stormy

Hooray!
    I can report that Coronation Street, booked on ITV HD tonight, has remained as booked on HD, and has not reverted to SD. This is following a switch off to standby in Hi-Eco mode.

Chris :-)
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Thanks Chris.
  • SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 212 ✭✭
    edited 17 December 2016, 2:36PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

We have developed a fix for this issue which has successfully passed testing. We are now entering a short trials stage before rolling out the fix.

When this is made available we will update here to let everyone know.

Thanks

Phil

The latest software doesn't solve the HD-SD recording issues, in fact it has just introduced this new 'feature' on my retail box (or maybe made it more noticeable):

Software versions:
    Manufacturer Software: 22.17.0
    Component Software: 2.10.28
    Platform Configuration: 1467

Signal Strength on HD 55% Quality 100%

This appears to affect single events and the single (first) event listed of a series record only. If you delete the single (first) event of the series record, the series records anyway (even the first in the series), and all episodes list as HD and record in HD.

Disappointing.
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    The latest software doesn't solve the HD-SD recording issues, in fact it has just introduced this new 'feature' on my retail box (or maybe made it more noticeable):

Software versions:
    Manufacturer Software: 22.17.0
    Component Software: 2.10.28
    Platform Configuration: 1467

Signal Strength on HD 55% Quality 100%

This appears to affect single events and the single (first) event listed of a series record only. If you delete the single (first) event of the series record, the series records anyway (even the first in the series), and all episodes list as HD and record in HD.

Disappointing.

BTW. What is up with this forum, I couldn't comment here (at this point in the thread) earlier today?
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    The separate entry for the first programme in a Series that comes up as well as the Series booking, until that programme is recorded, is a YouView infelicity that has been commented on before.

But what did you expect to happen when you deleted it?

Arguably, it should not make the Series go away, and slightly more arguably, not even the first programme in the Series, as this extra entry in the Schedule is an artefact anyway.

Also, you don't make clear - had you set the Series to record in SD, and the delete made it jump to HD, or what?

But apart from this not being what you asked for, I am failing to think of any way in which this could be bad.

I don't know what could be wrong with the Community software today - I looked at it quite early today, and it seemed fine, though admittedly I did not try to post first thing.

Sometimes there's a glitch :-( Though in what way could you not post? The red line at the top when you pressed Submit, or what?
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    No all of the recordings are scheduled as HD and revert to SD as per the comments and pictures shown in the replies to this thread. The latest software was supposed to fix it not introduce it as a new bug :-)
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Ah, you said 'all episodes list as HD and record in HD'.

Should that have been 'record in SD'?

I'm confused.... :-(
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    FFS. Mine is doing this again since I put this Eco saver thing on. Multiple failed recordings and recordings going from HD to SD. So sick of this. Guess the box just can't do power saving and keep on one transmitter.

It's moving to Belmont transmitter from Emley Moor even when Belmont is piss poor strength. Hence it all fails again. Seems when it wakes from sleep its confused what it is supposed to do.

Back to 'Always on'