I cannot get eco mode to change from high to low

Steve Brown2Steve Brown2 Member Posts: 1
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Trying to change mode via remote control but nothing happens

Comments

• gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 11 July 2013, 10:21PM
    Do you mean you are using the remote control to go into the Settings menu to change this setting?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Hi Steve, just to check you are going through the correct steps here:

1) You go to 'Device Management' in the 'Settings menu'.
    2) You then have to highlight 'Eco-Mode' and press the OK button.
    3) When you are on the Eco-mode page you press left or right on the remote control to change between High and Low.

Can you confirm if this works or if after pressing left or right nothing happens?

Thanks,

Phil
  • Mike70Mike70 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi. I have a similar problem. I always have my YV box set on High Eco mode but just this last week it has started only going as far as Low. This despite the settings remaining on High. I've changed the settings, switched the box off overnight, & changed them again. No matter which mode is set in settings it still only goes as far as low. Has anyone any ideas please?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    Mike10 said:

Hi. I have a similar problem. I always have my YV box set on High Eco mode but just this last week it has started only going as far as Low. This despite the settings remaining on High. I've changed the settings, switched the box off overnight, & changed them again. No matter which mode is set in settings it still only goes as far as low. Has anyone any ideas please?

Hi Mike

How do you know it is staying on Low?

Do remember that a box which is correctly doing High Eco will take 15 minutes or more to drop out of Low Eco after being put on Standby.

And one that is set to record something in 15 minutes time or less will have brought itself out of High Eco in preparation for that.

And a box that has been set to operate with the YouView app on a tablet or mobile device has to run in Low Eco mode for this to work (though the Eco setting should change accordingly in this instance).

Would any of these things explain what you are seeing?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM
    Mike10 said:

Mike's issue is resolved (courtesy of Roy) in another thread.