June Software issue with vanishing Scheduled Recordings & Failed Recordings

124»

Comments

• SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 212 ✭✭
    edited 17 December 2016, 2:36PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience during the process of developing the software update, we have completed our additional testing and have found no issues with the software for release.

Therefore we have now made this software available as part of a phased roll out over the next few weeks. The software fixes a number of issues reported including:

• An issue where scheduled High definition recordings change to Standard definition when bringing the box out of standby.
    • Some instances where recording made are lost and appear failed in the 'My View' recording menu.
    • Instances where the box starts and the message 'Can't show Live TV appears' (requiring a re-tune to return the channels).
    You can find out more about the release on our announcement thread here.

If you have any feedback on the software release please update in our discussion thread.

Thanks again for all your help,

Phil
    Roy,
    Just to clarify:
    I set a single event to record in HD - it lists as on the HD channel, then next day it lists as the SD channel and records in SD.
    For a series record the spurious single even lists as HD and the series lists as HD. Then next day the single spurious event lists as on the SD channel but the series lists as on the HD. Deleting the spurious single event leaves the series on the HD channel and it records in HD. If you don't delete the spurious single entry then the first episode records in SD and subsequent episodes in HD.
    I'm nowhere near Emley Moor though I do have two local transmitters, Stockland Hill and Mendip - but Mendip's power is so low due to topography that I doubt it is interfering with the box.
    Remarkably, today no scheduled recordings have switched from HD to SD - even single events. Must be a Xmas present.
    If it continues then 'Always on' may be the only option.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience during the process of developing the software update, we have completed our additional testing and have found no issues with the software for release.

Therefore we have now made this software available as part of a phased roll out over the next few weeks. The software fixes a number of issues reported including:

• An issue where scheduled High definition recordings change to Standard definition when bringing the box out of standby.
    • Some instances where recording made are lost and appear failed in the 'My View' recording menu.
    • Instances where the box starts and the message 'Can't show Live TV appears' (requiring a re-tune to return the channels).

If you have any feedback on the software release please update in our discussion thread.

Phil
    Hi Rob

Yes, as stormy says, if you have this issue, then 'Always On' is the workaround, as it seems to be that only when awakening from the High Eco deep sleep does it have the rethink that messes up the schedule.

Though, as he also says (at least, I think it was stormy) my blithe first advice to nearly everyone with a problem, to soft reboot, is as bad for people with this problem as going into High Eco mode would be, as the return from the soft reboot gives the box a chance to mess up the schedules as above.

I suspect that the recent '16' update should have addressed these issues, but broke more than it fixed, hence '17' which dropped the related changes again.

So roll on '18', to be what '16' should have been!
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • Andy JWAndy JW Member Posts: 20
    edited 28 December 2015, 11:32AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    I've been having similar problems since the last up- date!

But I also now get multiple failed recordings of the same programme and it looks as if the box keeps trying to record, but keeps failing. It can also try to record 3 simultaneous recordings of a program at ones - BBC West, BBC Wales, and BBC HD
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Have you got 17? 16 was known for these issues.
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • Andy JWAndy JW Member Posts: 20
    edited 28 December 2015, 1:21PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Good point, Roy -I forgot to include version details!

It's a DTRT1000
    Manufacturer software: 22.17.0
    Component software: 2.10.28
    Platform configuration: 1467
    ISP configuration: 233

Which is, I think, the latest version (last up-dated 18 December) and I didn't have these problems with 16!
    As a follow-on observation, the recordings always seem to fail more whilst we are away and the box is in Standby Mode for for several days / weeks . Standby is set to "smart" and Automatic Standby Time is on 4hours.

Regards

Andy
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi all,

Phil
    Mines been fine since I put it back to 'always ready'

DTRT1010
    Manufacturer software: 22.17.0
    Component software: 2.10.28
    Platform configuration: 1467
    ISP configuration: 7