Recordings shortcut

Joshua MiltonJoshua Milton Member Posts: 4
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
There needs to be a button allocated to the recordings list much like when accessing the TV guide. It's far too long winded to press the blue button, move to the left and then start at the bottom of the list usually to have to scroll right to the top to play the last thing recorded. Is this just me?

Comments

• gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 8 January 2015, 4:53PM
    You are by no means the first to comment on this as a search of the forum will show. One tip though: If you hit OK with Schedule selected then it will take you to the top of the list (ie the latest recording).
  • edited 8 January 2015, 4:53PM
    gomez said:

You are by no means the first to comment on this as a search of the forum will show. One tip though: If you hit OK with Schedule selected then it will take you to the top of the list (ie the latest recording).

A tiny correction:
    gomez's tip is a good one, it works when you are given the options of "Recordings" and "Scheduled", and is effective for both of them.
  • BoJoBoJo Member Posts: 12
    edited 1 August 2016, 12:46PM
    I too would like a slight change to the way you get to "Recordings".
    Ideally when pressing the Blue "Y" button it would take us to "Recordings". If that isn't possible, then a shortcut would help. It is quite long winded the way it is currently.
    As an example, with a Sky + remote, if you press "Play", it takes you straight to "Recordings ".
    Something similar would be of great use.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    BoJo

You are not the first :-(

I am sure Keith will be along in a minute, to tell you how high up the list that he is too polite to call 'Fix the damn thing!' this request is.

Pressing the blue 'Y' gets you to the Guide choice.

This is an emergency measure in case the dedicated 'Guide' button on your YouView remote (and indeed every YouView remote) should fall off.

Well, duh.

I am sure YouView could fix this if they wanted to, perhaps with a Setting that we could use to determine our desired choice of where the 'Y' button goes, which would still default to Guide, initially, in order that the current established practice could and would be maintained for those who find it unavoidable, or even desirable, so to do.

In the meantime, I envisage those in the boardroom at YouView Towers, gloating over the thousands of redundant clicks they are generating every day, for want of this much-needed change :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • BoJoBoJo Member Posts: 12
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Sadly, I am not convinced that anyone from YouView actually look in this (their) forum. It appears that little ever comes of any ideas/ suggestions discussed here.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    BoJo said:

Sadly, I am not convinced that anyone from YouView actually look in this (their) forum. It appears that little ever comes of any ideas/ suggestions discussed here.

You should not assume that the latter implies the former.

Help with the existing YouView software is readily forthcoming from the Admins, you will find.

But Stonewall Jackson could have taken a few tips from YouView as regards acting on any of the suggested tweaks and twiddles we ask for which would improve the usability so greatly :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Not one to want to disappoint anyone, I'll chip in to note this very popular request is item 10 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests. You can also get a flavour from that list of the various reasonable (and a few more elaborate or fanciful) ideas and request people have come up with in the last 4 years and the currently much smaller number that have been implemented :)

Not having this (small but very useful) feature for the last 4 years, whilst not a deal breaker, would probably have been really grating with me by now but fortunately I use a Harmony remote and am thus able to use the discrete code that YouView did implement for this feature having assigned it to a button on the programmable remote. If only everyone could access that feature :)