Recording IPTV channels from players

Paul2Paul2 Posts: 27Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Obviously we know that Freeview channels can be recorded but what about IPTV channels delivered via the stand-alone players? Neither BT Vision Player nor TalkTalk Player offers the option to record the channels they'll be offering. This is a major flaw. Will this functionality be available in future? If it will be available in future, why is it not being implemented now from launch?

Comments

• JRJR Posts: 9Member
    edited 22 April 2015, 1:11AM
    I agree, unless Ive missed something I cant record from the BBC iPlayer as I can on my PC, these is a real pain as I want to record at night when there is little traffic and watch it at peak times when I can hardly get a connection (thats fast enough) and I'm on BT 70mbps !!!
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Related to the above post by JR (but not so much the original topic) is the one recording/downloading on demand catchup content.
  • Paul2Paul2 Posts: 27Member
    edited 21 September 2012, 11:14AM
    Thanks for the replies but I'm referring to the IPTV channels (Comedy Central, FX etc) that will be available via the broadband companies 'players'. Channels delivered via these players are not recordable - only Freeview channels are.
  • Jesse1Jesse1 Posts: 275Member
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:30AM
    Hi Paul. We are currently defining and developing IP Channel functionality for YouView, with the ambition that they will have all the functionality of a linear channel. Timeframes and exact functionality are still in development and we will be able to communicate more in 2013.
  • billbennettbillbennett Posts: 6Member
    edited 29 September 2012, 8:51PM
    Well, to throw my 2p out there, I'll be buying YouView... but not until I can record IPTV channels. That's the one thing stopping my wallet from opening.
  • Ian2Ian2 Posts: 45Member
    edited 4 December 2012, 10:35AM
    That will be quite handy, as there are quite a lot of people who can't get satellite due to blocked view to the sky and are in poor Freeview areas, but have a decent broadband connection.
  • [removed][removed] Posts: 282Member
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    Jesse why do you keep repeating your posts?. Once is enough we are not idiots on here
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Hi Andy

There only seems to be the one post from Jesse, the one from 2 months ago.
  • alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    It got 2 stars so gets repeated at the top as a promoted response. I don't think Jesse can do anything about that.
  • alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM
    [removed] said:

Jesse why do you keep repeating your posts?. Once is enough we are not idiots on here

It got 2 stars so gets repeated at the top as a promoted response. I don't think Jesse can do anything about that.
  • Neil3Neil3 Posts: 16Member
    edited 1 August 2013, 8:26PM
    [removed] said:

I've just recorded by sport 1 from youview app. Appears working gone. Cheers Neil
    edited 1 August 2013, 8:32PM
    [removed] said:

Bill time to get your 2 pence out. Recording fine from the youview app. Cheers Neil
  • billbennettbillbennett Posts: 6Member
    edited 1 August 2013, 8:45PM
    [removed] said:

Ooh... I wonder if this is a permanent feature or just testing. Is it letting you set things from the planner for future recording, or just allowing you to hit the record button on what you're currently watching?
    edited 1 August 2013, 8:48PM
    Just recorded the 10 pm programme from my app. Ill let you know if it records it. Cheers Neil
    edited 1 August 2013, 9:03PM
    Sorry my confusion it's the dtt channel and not iptv cheers Neil
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Jesse (or whoever your replacement is) we're quite a long way into 2013 now.

How about that update you promised?
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • sam1sam1 Posts: 1,182Member ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 10:47AM
    Hear hear.
  • DavidBDavidB Posts: 69Member
    edited 28 February 2017, 10:53AM
    When I signed for the 18 extra channels, as part of the sign up procedure, there was a note saying the record/pause/rewind would not be currently available but it would be in a few weeks.
  • Ian WattsIan Watts Posts: 19Member
    edited 12 November 2013, 10:21AM
    What about now - still cannot record IPTV channels and we are getting close to 2014. Ridiculous, and I will leave Youview at the first opportunity if this is not resolved soon.
  • Ian WattsIan Watts Posts: 19Member
    edited 12 November 2013, 10:21AM
    Could someone from Youview please respond - this is getting silly now - at least let us know if this is going to happen or not.
  • Hossein GolestaniHossein Golestani Posts: 3Member
    edited 16 October 2016, 11:05AM
    [removed] said:

Ask Us for the Best TV Solutions
    read more in: http://www.moojafzar.com/en/

Local IPTV for Hotels, Hospitals and more
    digital signage
    Video Wall Controller