Controlling Panasonic TV with BT Youview remote.

Nigel CutlandNigel Cutland Posts: 1Member
edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM in Archived Posts
Controlling Panasonic TV with BT Youview remote. I have a Panasonic TX-26LXD70 TV and want to control with my new BT YouView remote. After doing steps 1 & 2 (code 3846) at the next stage 3. the TV does not turn off as it should. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• StephenStephen Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM
  • Dave TarrDave Tarr Posts: 2Member
    edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM
    Did you find  solution? I have the same issue with a TX-40C300B
  • StephenStephen Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:55PM
    Dave Tarr said:

The other thread I linked to above seems to have fixed it for everyone else. Are you still having problems after following jezcaine's steps there?
  • Dave TarrDave Tarr Posts: 2Member
    edited 2 November 2015, 10:07PM
    Dave Tarr said:

That thread is all about turning the tv back on, whereas both of us are struggling at getting the tv to turn off in the first place. It is like the code doesn't exist for the tv.
  • Martin HMartin H Posts: 1Member
    edited 17 October 2016, 12:25PM
    I have a Panasonic TH-37-PX70 which I eventually got to control through the YouView remote.  The problem is once you have enter 3846 the remote cycles through several pre-programmed codes during set up.  My Panasonic TV requires a long signal (2 secs or more) to switch off so the remote moves on to the next code before the TV switches off.

Follow the instructions and put in 3846 for Panasonic.  At the first sign the TV green 'on' LED flickers (it has recognised a signal) press the 'OK' button on the remote  Use two hands to be quicker.  Then try to switch the TV off and on, and check the volume control works.  If this does not work repeat the process but press 'OK' the second time the TV's LED flickers (i.e. move to the next code) and repeat. There are about 12 pre-programmed codes for Panasonic.codes and mine worked on the first 'flicker'.
  • Andy M1Andy M1 Posts: 2Member
    edited 11 November 2015, 11:18AM
    Martin H said:

I have a Panasonic TH-37-PX70 which I eventually got to control through the YouView remote.  The problem is once you have enter 3846 the remote cycles through several pre-programmed codes during set up.  My Panasonic TV requires a long signal (2 secs or more) to switch off so the remote moves on to the next code before the TV switches off.

Follow the instructions and put in 3846 for Panasonic.  At the first sign the TV green 'on' LED flickers (it has recognised a signal) press the 'OK' button on the remote  Use two hands to be quicker.  Then try to switch the TV off and on, and check the volume control works.  If this does not work repeat the process but press 'OK' the second time the TV's LED flickers (i.e. move to the next code) and repeat. There are about 12 pre-programmed codes for Panasonic.codes and mine worked on the first 'flicker'.

Many thanks, Martin, this fixed the problem for me too - model TX37LZD70.
  • ApAp Posts: 1Member
    edited 11 November 2015, 10:56PM
    Dave Tarr said:

I have same problem with bt and sky remotes I cannot get it to turn off or do anything
    Btanswer was sorry if you tried all codes it's not going to work
    Tried same with sky answer buy new remote version 10 No same as before no joy
    Panasonic is next port of call but I am reading that it's a no go as these to were actually not Panasonic but Turkish made vestels badged as Panasonic so it's looking like a no go all round 4K tv Uhd all singing dancing and 3 bloody remotes am going to try to take it back and get a non Turkish made Panasonic and see if they work
  • Chris EdmondsChris Edmonds Posts: 1Member
    edited 29 November 2015, 6:51PM
    I have a Panasonic Viera CX400. I have tried all of the instructions in the forum and nothing works. The remote cycles through all the codes and the TV does not switch off.
  • Eileen MillerEileen Miller Posts: 1Member
    edited 17 October 2016, 12:25PM
    Martin H said:

Fantastic worked straight away. Thank you.