Message on screen YMV104 what does it mean?

Carrie McCalmontCarrie McCalmont Posts: 7Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Cannot access your view section keep getting this error message - YMV104. What does it mean.

Comments

• joneshjonesh Posts: 1,297Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:40PM
  • Brian TurnerBrian Turner Posts: 4Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    This is Broadband connection lost. Resolution...same 'ol stuff, as follows: Turn everything OFF....Box and everything else...leave for 2 mins...whilst yor waiting...check all cables attached to device(s) and router, etc...Turn the router back on...Turn your box and device(s), etc, back on. Leave all to adjust themselves...ALL should be okay.
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM

This is Broadband connection lost. Resolution...same 'ol stuff, as follows: Turn everything OFF....Box and everything else...leave for 2 mins...whilst yor waiting...check all cables attached to device(s) and router, etc...Turn the router back on...Turn your box and device(s), etc, back on. Leave all to adjust themselves...ALL should be okay.

ALL should be okay.

I wish I shared your optimism Brian :-)
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:40PM
    I think I watch far too many 1/2 hour comedies with the focus being an Irish information technician who basically fixes all problems over the phone by saying - "have u tried turning it off and then in again?"

I think I watch far too many 1/2 hour comedies with the focus being an Irish information technician who basically fixes all problems over the phone by saying - "have u tried turning it off and then in again?"

It sometimes works.
  • Carrie McCalmontCarrie McCalmont Posts: 7Member
    edited 23 October 2016, 12:20AM

Thanks for your response Brian the problem is a weird one, as the wifi signal although seems to be intermittent it seems to be fine until you attempt to put the you view box and then it goes mental. I was then assuming that it was the box that was at fault instead of the router. Will try and check the cables etc again just incase. Many thanks Carrie
    edited 24 October 2016, 1:05PM

Carrie mate..I've had similar...sometimes not so strong signals..WiFi..and this happens at same time as some idiot decides they want high fibre diet from B...blinking...T...that is...the time it takes to lay a couple of needle width wires into a newly laid A Road...tsk!..I am sure that's the interference..thru their testing????...but that's also part of my TALKTALK problem...cos they're shiiiite! Anyway...other well tested remedy is to hit the mucker wiv a 12lb lump hammer ...and see what the outcome is???...let me know how you get on Carrie baby X

How is your YouView box connected to your router Carrie? It needs to be connected either by a cable or by PLAs (Power Line Adapters). They can't connect by WiFi.
    edited 23 October 2016, 12:54AM

Sorry it's connected by a cable, just didn't explain that too well. lol thanks
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM

Carrie, please work steadily through the calm and clear list at the reference provided by jonesh above, and then report back to us on any difficulties experienced along the way, and if it was successful or not.
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
    edited 23 October 2016, 9:32AM

Will do thanks