Sky Store Player no longer available on YouView from 30th November 2016

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,933Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM
    Ken Hill1 said:

what up for sale ? and i use sky store playyer lot so look like i have look somewere what going too have the sky store player app because  when you buy the film you get  dvd in the post not like bt store it stay on your youvie box 

Yikesy, Plusnet, the spawn of Satan? No thanks! 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    redchiz said:

Has anyone considered the alternative possibility, namely that BT's increasing control of YouView has determined that competing services are removed from "their" platform? After all BT have their own buy-to-keep service, as for that matter do TalkTalk.

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down, redchiz :-)

It's not really NowTV on YouView, though, is it? It's just the Movies bit (or 'Film Results Swamper', as we like to call it).

Can't be gone soon enough for me, since YouView remained obdurately deaf and blind to our entreaties to be able to filter out the NowTV results.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
    redchiz said:

Has anyone considered the alternative possibility, namely that BT's increasing control of YouView has determined that competing services are removed from "their" platform? After all BT have their own buy-to-keep service, as for that matter do TalkTalk.

Indeed. And the likelihood of full-fat NOW TV on YouView, which many have craved, seems to be more of a pipe-dream than ever in light of recent developments.  :-(
  • scottscott Posts: 1,999Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM
    Ken Hill1 said:

what up for sale ? and i use sky store playyer lot so look like i have look somewere what going too have the sky store player app because  when you buy the film you get  dvd in the post not like bt store it stay on your youvie box 

As opposed to Talk Talk's free to anyone data information policy...much safer with them ;-)
    Ken Hill1 said:

Really, that's their policy? I thought they were the victims of a criminal attack, who knew?  ;-)
    Ken Hill1 said:

Look at the findings. I think you will see they got fined for using security that a child could have got into :-)

Telecoms company TalkTalk has been issued with a record £400,000 fine by the ICO for security failings that allowed a cyber attacker to access customer data “with ease”.

TalkTalk was not aware that the installed version of the database software was outdated and no longer supported by the provider. The company said it did not know at the time that the software was affected by a bug – for which a fix was available. The bug allowed the attacker to bypass access restrictions. Had it been fixed, this would not have been possible.

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2016/10/talktalk-gets-record-400-000...

A real quality company that I would be happy to keep my banking details with ;-)

Ken Hill1 said:

Gloating over the misfortunes of victims, another low for the YouView forums. Can't remember if you are a Sky or BT fanboy by the way?
    Ken Hill1 said:

Where am I gloating. You are slating PlusNet (who top all the customer satisfaction tables) and I am providing valid information for anybody thinking about joining a different provider.

I think there is only one Fanboy here who likes to 'Talk Talk' a lot....

I haven't mentioned Sky or BT in any of my sentences so why would I be a fanboy. I will happily praise or slate either of them depending on what they do..

Ken Hill1 said:

I slate everybody equally if you ever pay attention, I regard them all as a bunch of reptiles, some more so than others. There are the advanced slithering species, like BT and their unholy offspring. And there are the strange mutants which evolved from the primeval slime created by so-called competition, TalkTalk chief amongst them. So it is one thing to have a pop at their shared values, or utter lack of them. Quite another to mock those who have been the victims of fraud.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,009Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Interesting - I've been speaking to Skystore representatives today. Looks like everyone was caught unaware by this reckless decision by sky management. It very much looks like it was a sudden unplanned decision to withdraw Skystore from Youview. Staff at Skystore were caught by surprise and are now trying to repair damage to their reputation - lots of unhappy customers apparently. Apparently they only found out through the Youview announcement.

I fully encourage any people affected by this stupid decision to make their feelings known and contact Skystore. They're busy trying to repair the breakdown in trust that this action has caused their Youview customers.
    Joe2 said:

Interesting - I've been speaking to Skystore representatives today. Looks like everyone was caught unaware by this reckless decision by sky management. It very much looks like it was a sudden unplanned decision to withdraw Skystore from Youview. Staff at Skystore were caught by surprise and are now trying to repair damage to their reputation - lots of unhappy customers apparently. Apparently they only found out through the Youview announcement.

I fully encourage any people affected by this stupid decision to make their feelings known and contact Skystore. They're busy trying to repair the breakdown in trust that this action has caused their Youview customers.

I bet they are. And what a sad indictment of the lack of internal communication, which is seemingly endemic within all ( see what I did there Scott?) major providers, front line let down by the big suits every time.
    Ken Hill1 said:

Firstly where do you get me slating talk talk for being so lapse on security that they almost gave their customers details away and praising a fine being given to them so they think twice about it in the future as mocking it's poor victims.
    Secondly as I do pay attention I haven't seen you advertising any of BT or SKY offers as information to customers although I do seem to recall you doing this for talk talk ;-)
    Ken Hill1 said:

"Advertising," excuse me? Just flagging up what's available from time to time, that's all. I can't very well do it for other providers as I don't subscribe to them. If you can see any great deals with whoever you are with please share, I am sure others will appreciate it.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    Joe2 said:

Perhaps Sky could live up to David's dream of them by giving (not selling) a NowTV box to everyone who has bought one or more movies via the Sky Store on YouView, so they may continue to watch them in the way to which they have become accustomed, with only slight inconvenience in having to run an extra box?
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,497Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 September 2017, 1:18AM
    Joe, have either you, or anyone else, asked for a refund on your purchases? Or is that covered by Ts&Cs ?
    Visionman said:

Joe, have either you, or anyone else, asked for a refund on your purchases? Or is that covered by Ts&Cs ?

I know you have referred myself and others to source on many occasions in the past, so why not take your own advice and read the T&Cs for yourself?
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    Visionman said:

I was talking to Joe.
    Visionman said:

And I was talking to you.  :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 3 November 2016, 8:32PM
    Visionman said:

I wasnt talking to anyone stop please texting
    Visionman said:

Nobody is talking to you, don't worry!
    Visionman said:

Nobody is talking to you, don't worry! As for texting, please don't confuse automated alerts with anyone actually wanting to get in touch with you personally.
    edited 3 November 2016, 8:37PM
    Joe2 said:

Considering the complete disregard for their Youview customers, it's only fair that they do. After all they've been entrusted as the guardians of these peoples digital film collections. Once again I encourage everyone affected to write & complain.

The management need to know the idiocy of this decision. I actually feel a bit sorry for Skystore, their reputation is mud to a lot of people now - this decision was taken above their head, without warning.
    edited 3 November 2016, 8:40PM
    Visionman said:

No idea about T&Cs - but if someone felt very strongly I'm sure they would be able to get a refund on their Skystore content bought on Youview. There's a slight sense of panic below deck, & rightly so to.

You may find that as Roy mentioned they feel obliged to keep you using their service somehow/anyhow
    Visionman said:

Ah, no idea about T&Cs - but if someone felt very strongly... a classic example of the very basis of how ignorance and outrage on social media is founded.
    Visionman said:

I'd ask them for one and see what happens....
    edited 3 November 2016, 9:45PM
    Visionman said:

Help section of the sky store app has useful section on how to make a complaint.
    Here's the contact info lifted from there:

[email protected]
    0333 2022 134

Or write at:
    Customer Complaints, Sky Subscriber Services LTD, PO Box 43, Livingston,
    West Lothian,
    EH54 7DD
    Visionman said:

No, I meant ring them and ask, to see what they say (even if you don't want one).
    edited 3 November 2016, 10:51PM
    Visionman said:

I think that's a totally reasonable request. I've already spoken to them on the phone and have come to a solution to the mess of the withdrawal of Skystore from Youview. Without making it to obvious, they are keen to try & repair some of the damage to their reputation. I'll leave it up to others to come to their solution, once again I think a complete refund could be requested, though it wouldn't be offered upfront.
    The sudden withdrawal of service is a trust breaker, and unwarranted. They need to repair the damage
    Visionman said:

What are the Now TV YouView forums saying? Any official posts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 4 November 2016, 12:08AM
    Visionman said:

Go take a look