[Discussion] New September 2016 update now available for (2016 models) Sony Android TVs

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Announcements
Please feel free to discuss the latest software update for (2016 model) Sony Android TVs in this thread.

Comments

• Nikki HughesNikki Hughes Posts: 1Member
    edited 11 December 2016, 3:03PM
    Hi, The itv hub wont play itv anymore. I know it was previously fixed buts it's broken again. My software is all up to date
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Try the five second reset - press the On/Standby button on the remote for about this long until the TV soft resets, then try itv again.

I take it you are running the TV with YouView enabled? (You can tell this by which EPG it shows - you should see the YouView one.

I also take it that the other three Players work OK, and this is not a wifi/Internet connection issue?

The general advice from Sony is likely to be to do a Factory Reset; and this is also likely to be the advice you will (reluctantly) be given on the Sony forum, Android TVs section.

So if the soft reset fails, this is likely your next step.

AAMOI, which set do you have? And when you say the itv hub is broken again, when was it broken before, in what way, and who fixed it?

As I recall the problem where it thought some people who were very firmly in England were actually in Scotland, and so were not allowed programmes that STV would provide in Scotland, but nothing universal since.

Is it that again (which means that the hub will serve some programmes, but probably not the ones you want), or something else?
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • DJHB1980DJHB1980 Posts: 129Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Any chance of something for us 2015 tv's

Something exciting & worth talking about....

Already stated I think nothing more will come for us,...
    But live in blissful hope.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 December 2016, 9:53PM
    DJHB1980 said:

Any chance of something for us 2015 tv's

Something exciting & worth talking about....

Already stated I think nothing more will come for us,...
    But live in blissful hope.

redchiz is yer man on this :-

https://community.youview.com/youview...
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now