BT Youview DTR T2100. Blackouts during playback?

Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 74
edited 9 August 2017, 8:07AM in Support
Hi all, anyone seen this kind of thing before: - Last night when watching a recording, the screen just went black. I had to press the youview button to get back to the recordings list. Then, when I pressed resume - it was black again! Only way round that was to 'rewind' to the start and watch the recording from there again. This time there were no glitches. Anyway, thought little of it, until it did it again tonight on another recording. Screen went black, and a restart of the recording was needed. The unit is only a few weeks old, and there is not much on the HD at all. Any ideas or tests I can try? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    No, I've never seen this before. What were you recording chris, and was the content on Freeview or IP internet?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    If your box has got its panties in a wad, try a soft reset, and see if that improves things.

While not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on the left of the fascia of the box for just over 8 seconds, until the box restarts.

This often cures minor random annoyances, such as you describe. And you won't lose anything already set up on the box, except, hopefully, any minor glitches that have crept into the running software,

Let us know if this improves things; if not, we have more drastic resets you can do, while still keeping your recordings.

As it is a new box, we can't entirely rule out that it may be faulty in a way that is not fixable; but there are plenty of things to try first, and if it is faulty, then at least it is under support/warranty, depending on where you got it from. Unless that was eBay, of course :-)
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    My T1000 goes blank every so often since the NextGen update. It's only a split second and comes straight back. It seems to happen soon after accessing a menu and then calms down after a while. I struggled to find a pattern so haven't reported it. It's live and recordings but may well have nothing to do with NextGen as the box was in semi-retirement before I updated.
  • Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 74
    edited 9 May 2017, 3:05PM
    Thanks for replies. Have reset box and changed to HDMI slot 2. Will see what happens. I was recording freeview channels, not internet stuff.
  • speedyritespeedyrite Member Posts: 81
    edited 9 August 2017, 8:07AM
    Had more or less the same experience during playback of a recording off C4HD. Box revived and we resumed playback from where it was at the point of getting a black screen. Not had this before. Been using the DTR-T2100 for about 15 months. After completion of viewing, did a soft reboot and then went to bed! Software glitch I expect....
  • Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 74
    edited 9 May 2017, 3:05PM
    yes, I did the soft reset and its been fi
    ne since.Fingers crossed!