Help me turn off AUDIO DESCRIPTION

Michael AshtonMichael Ashton Posts: 6Member
edited 2 October 2017, 9:28PM in Support
Hi! As a new user, I'm still finding my around all the sophisticaterd controls! I have the "Audio Description" on - have found the right "box" to say it's on. How do I change it to off? Shall be delighted to get a response. Thanks, Mike

Comments

• RottyRotty Posts: 107Member
    edited 17 January 2017, 7:15PM
    Go to the setting for Audio Description and press OK
    You will see a box that opens up with the description of the feature and a small box in the middle with ON or OFF in. To change the setting, use the > button on the ring next to the OK button to change from ON to OFF and then press OK.
    The menu will reappear and just press the CLOSE button to get back to TV.
  • Richard HardakerRichard Hardaker Posts: 18Member
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    I've just found the bottom left key on the remote (up arrow) turns it on / off on the fly. Also noticed the del key puts a large S on or off but I don't know what that is?
    edited 27 October 2012, 10:02PM

I've just found the bottom left key on the remote (up arrow) turns it on / off on the fly. Also noticed the del key puts a large S on or off but I don't know what that is?

Well there ya go.
    The DEL key also has SUB under it in smaller text ... SUBtitles ....
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    On the Humax box remote the del key at the bottom right is also the key to turn on/off subtitles (i.e. S). The bottom left key with the large up arrow on it is then also the audio description (AD) on/off key.

The Humax and Huawei remotes are different so these keys may not be on the Huawei remote or may be in different places.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 345Member
    edited 3 April 2016, 2:50PM
    The bottom left key on the Humax remote also has AD (Audio Description) on it and the bottom right also has Sub (Subtitles).
  • Richard HardakerRichard Hardaker Posts: 18Member
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:16PM
    edited 17 January 2017, 7:15PM
    The Hauwei box has these keys in grey, functions transposed, either side of the 0 keypad key at the TOP of the remote (I really dislike the Hauwei remote and can't get used to using it).
  • Michael AshtonMichael Ashton Posts: 6Member

Appreciate help - thanks
  • Michael AshtonMichael Ashton Posts: 6Member
    Cicero said:

The bottom left key on the Humax remote also has AD (Audio Description) on it and the bottom right also has Sub (Subtitles).

Clear help appreciated - thanks
  • James SloanJames Sloan Posts: 3Member
    edited 26 December 2013, 10:25PM

I have a You View box. I have tried turning Off audio description in all ways described. Nothing works. Worse is that this seems to effect the ability to get subtitles. Is this a fault in YV box or something I am not doing right? Help, please!

• David CleeveDavid Cleeve Posts: 1Member
    edited 25 March 2014, 1:12AM

If you have a new ish controller look for the guide button and its the one directley above it, it has a arrow pointing up and a line with AD under it, press that :)
  • Lynn BassettLynn Bassett Posts: 1Member
    edited 14 November 2015, 9:30PM
    Rotty said:

You will see a box that opens up with the description of the feature and a small box in the middle with ON or OFF in. To change the setting, use the > button on the ring next to the OK button to change from ON to OFF and then press OK.

Thanks worked a treat
  • CharmaineCharmaine Posts: 2Member
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:17PM
    I have an older controller and can't get rid off the audio description.  It's driving me nuts..  tried everything.   Please help.
  • CharmaineCharmaine Posts: 2Member
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:18PM
    I have a Echostar controller.  Does anyone know how to get rid of the audio  description.  This is where A man talks about what people are doing in the programme.  I've had it for months and I'm getting fed up with it.  I wonder if I have to buy a new TV or something.  I rarely watch TV because of this.  Any Ideas.  
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,493Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM

If you still have the original YouView remote press the left hand button on the bottom row - on Humax and BT remotes (the button has an an arrow and AD under it).
  • Marilyn DinsdaleMarilyn Dinsdale Posts: 1Member
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:18PM
    It does drive you mad - I tried pressing the AD button then pressed exit twice and it has worked.
  • Toni  BToni B Posts: 1Member
    edited 3 April 2016, 12:41PM
    Rotty said:

I found I needed to press OK button first to get choice to turn audio description off. I then carried on as per the above description. Thanks
  • Dennis PollardDennis Pollard Posts: 1Member
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    Audio description is off but still plays nothing I do will turn it off
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM

As above, find and press, once, the button marked 'AD' on the remote.

Where this is exactly on the remote depends on which YouView box and remote you have; if you can tell us these things, noting that the part/model number of the remote may be in the battery compartment if it is not marked on the outside, we may be able to provide a picture of it for you.

Also note this posting:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

if you have TalkTalk, are watching Sky recordings, and the fix promised there by Sanj has not materialised as of now.

It is item 50 on Keith's list, and certainly, it is not recorded there as having been implemented yet :-

https://community.youview.com/youview...
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • Tobes BrosTobes Bros Posts: 1Member
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:19PM
    I have an LG TV, 2016 model. I found there was an AD button (audio description) on the LG remote. BUT, as the source of programmes for me was a free sat box, it did not turn off using it. I found the free sat box (Bush in my case) remote had an AD button too and that switched it straight off.
  • ian Hutchingsian Hutchings Posts: 1Member
    edited 8 January 2017, 10:19PM

My audio description was off on the TV but on via the humax so I had to go to menu, settings, preferences, audio, audio description off. Then press the back button until you return to TV. Ad button on humax control seems to be for left , right etc speaker system on TV have just purchased the system so is up to date.
    edited 22 January 2018, 4:20PM
    That will work, but will do precisely the same as the AD button bottom left on the remote should, with one keypress.

Well, my T2000 remote anyway, the original curvy one.

I have never seen or heard of a YouView remote that affects the left/right speaker balance on a TV - which remote have you got for which YouView box, and are you sure you are operating it in PVR, not TV, mode?
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 314Member
    edited 9 January 2017, 1:22AM

"menu, settings, preferences, audio, audio description off"
    and
    "Ad button on humax control seems to be for left , right etc speaker system on TV"
    are for HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T although on those AD can also be turned off and on via the same button, which is part of the reason the button is marked 'AD'.
    Are we saying Ian isn't talking about a YouView box, despite posting in a YouView forum?
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 314Member
    Yes.
    There are 4 different Humax freeeview (non-Youview) boxes that their remotes include a MENU button that lists 'Settings' as an option, then 'Preferences' within that, then 'Audio' within that, and then 'Audio Description' within that.
    All of them have a combined AD and left/right speaker button on their remote.  Of the four models only the HDR-2000T and the HDR-1800T remotes label the button with 'AD'.
  • Ian BarnesIan Barnes Posts: 4Member
    edited 26 January 2018, 5:19PM
    I have a PANASONIC dmr-ex97 and cannot turn off AD. Can you help??
    Please

ian
  • StephenStephen Posts: 687Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 January 2018, 5:20PM
    From the looks of the manual of this non-YouView device (so not sure why you're on this forum) you just need to press the AD button on the bottom left of your remote
    edited 26 January 2018, 5:20PM
    Thanks, but it only turns off but when the channel is changed it returns again onto the original channel. Is there any way of making the change permanent on any channel??
  • StephenStephen Posts: 687Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 January 2018, 5:21PM
    Function menu, basic settings in setup, tuning, preferred multi audio? Page 62 of the manual I linked to again.
    edited 26 January 2018, 5:21PM
    Thanks have done that .It appears to be working.