[Discussion] New November 2016 update now available for (2015 model) Sony Android TVs

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 4 September 2017, 12:18AM in Announcements
Please feel free to discuss the November 2016 update for Sony Android TVs (2015 model).

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,818Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I installed the update, and it seemed to go without problems, apart from the usual inexplicable and inordinate length of these updates.

But when it returned, with its usual 'Some of your settings may have been changed' warning, I found it had entirely lost my network settings.

Lost, as in not just re-establish, but lost as in I had to reselect my router and reset the password (WPS was available, but involves me in too much running about).

Everything else seemed OK, though.

Can't speak for the juddering, as I don't have an affected 4K source to try this with.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,188Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    I've had no issues to report with this update. And the stability of the Android firmware has improved as well. Up to now I've had no dodgy spontaneous reboots, fingers crossed....
  • DJHB1980DJHB1980 Posts: 129Member
    edited 17 February 2017, 9:54PM
    Nothing fun just stability which is good but no new features unfortunately
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I preferred things when the 'stability' of a TV was whether it was going to fall off the table or not :-(
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,188Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM
    Roy1 said:

I preferred things when the 'stability' of a TV was whether it was going to fall off the table or not :-(

Agreed. There are some serious questions to be asked of Sonys Android platform but the YouView UI on it is superb. Other TV manufacturers take note!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 4 September 2017, 12:18AM
    It would be nice to see Youview respond to some of these messages but they have gone quiet, it is all to do with Money,  SKY are not making in my opinion enough sales because of Youview, Freeview play, Netflix, Amazon and other services, so they fulfilled a request of allowing access to certain services so as not to be the dominant player and be anti competitive and now i believe they are taking back services in hope of gaining a bigger share, SKY will soon be doing mobile phones and try and get some of this share.   It is greed,   Youview have become very closed and non responsive to people who have purchased their services, we have not been updated by the company as to what is going on, what will replace these services.   I would suggest people call youview either their head office or outsourced customer support services and log dissatisfaction.   Nothing new has been implemented to this service and we purchased on the understanding more apps and services will come and all we get told for last 2 years is watch this space.   SKY is expensive and this is why we use Youview but the service seems to be changing for the worse with loss of SKY Store  and Quest but nothing yet to replace it.   The service needs to improve otherwise people will ditch the boxes as some other providers currently offer more if you have their boxes.   I think Youview will need to do something fast to keep the service going.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:41AM

It would be nice to see Youview respond to some of these messages but they have gone quiet, it is all to do with Money,  SKY are not making in my opinion enough sales because of Youview, Freeview play, Netflix, Amazon and other services, so they fulfilled a request of allowing access to certain services so as not to be the dominant player and be anti competitive and now i believe they are taking back services in hope of gaining a bigger share, SKY will soon be doing mobile phones and try and get some of this share.   It is greed,   Youview have become very closed and non responsive to people who have purchased their services, we have not been updated by the company as to what is going on, what will replace these services.   I would suggest people call youview either their head office or outsourced customer support services and log dissatisfaction.   Nothing new has been implemented to this service and we purchased on the understanding more apps and services will come and all we get told for last 2 years is watch this space.   SKY is expensive and this is why we use Youview but the service seems to be changing for the worse with loss of SKY Store  and Quest but nothing yet to replace it.   The service needs to improve otherwise people will ditch the boxes as some other providers currently offer more if you have their boxes.   I think Youview will need to do something fast to keep the service going.

Which model of Sony Android YouView TV (which is what this thread is about, and not the YouView boxes) have you got, Samuel?
  • ak kak k Posts: 2Member
    edited 11 February 2017, 9:19AM
    Roy1 said:

I installed the update, and it seemed to go without problems, apart from the usual inexplicable and inordinate length of these updates.

But when it returned, with its usual 'Some of your settings may have been changed' warning, I found it had entirely lost my network settings.

Lost, as in not just re-establish, but lost as in I had to reselect my router and reset the password (WPS was available, but involves me in too much running about).

Can't speak for the juddering, as I don't have an affected 4K source to try this with.

Hello
    My question is after updation to this v3.533 did you notice any change in picture quality i am missing crisp which was earlier to this don't know it's sharpness or what but missing crisp though smoothness is better source is same full hd
    Thanks
    edited 11 February 2017, 10:22AM
    Roy1 said:

Yes, crisp is sharpness. I haven't seen such a loss, but then I keep my set as default as possible.

If you had earlier moved away from the factory settings on sharpness, though, it is quite possible that the update had reset the defaults, and you will need to re-establish them.

It is well worth keeping a note of any settings you change from the defaults, for this reason.

Those in the know also suggest that you should follow every software update with a Factory Reset of the TV, which apparently improves things.

Only after which should you re-establish the settings.

The most extensive help for these sets, especially the non-YouView aspects of them, can be found at:-

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/andro...

where you can see, for example, if anyone else has reported the issue you have..
  • ak kak k Posts: 2Member
    edited 11 February 2017, 4:24PM
    Roy1 said:

Thank you very much sir !